Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

we are dying off. I'm coming up on the "expiration date"
    anybody want to see a list of what I have for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Cav View Post
    we are dying off. I'm coming up on the "expiration date"
    anybody want to see a list of what I have for sale.
    Sure.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

if anyone wants the 'list", PM me back channel with your email address and I will email it to you. I am not posting it here

Blog Entries

I have only been online since 2004,

this was a forum recommended to me, and one of the first I joined,
    my interest at that time was mostly small bore collecting and service rifle shooting (that dreaded black rifle and a M1)

before it went under the first time, I was one of the 'top posters ' in the small bore section (like #15 or so,, not that it matters)

I never made the jump to milsurps when they hosted the site, I had moved on to Gunboards by then) and did learn it was back on it's own I revisited, and still do,

not every day, and not every week,

there were some really good folks here, still are, a bunch have disappeared, some have passed,

but honestly, the thing that kept me away was that it seemed to me a lot of the good informational folks had moved on, or not post as much, and were replaced by the caustic type,

I understand it is the internet, and I don't get my feelings hurt, but to read thread after thread of the same bs and then go down to the actual gun related sections and they are dead (last post was a week ago etc etc) I started staying away,

surely I was not the only one

Blog Entries

No you weren't the only one. That is why I started the thread.

Blog Entries

I was just talking to a new member, and had a thought on why the site seems to have stagnated.

We have here, a wealth of info on old mil surps because of the original posters, esp the Major and Gus Fisher. It seems that we have gotten away from our core firearm 'values/discussion'.
    The remaining old farts, of which I am one, have/shoot/are interested in historic mil arms.

When the AR types took over Camp Perry, the interest for dedicated old farts and new shooters moved awav from this site's core knowledge base.

So, now go to the forums and scroll down and ckeck when was the last time anything was posted.

I hate to say it but Jouster has a lot in common with fender skirts

Lane's CSP Tips contains a lot of the distilled info, but not nearly enough/all.

The information highway has bypassed our town.
    Last edited by PWC; 10-05-2018 at 09:42.

leftyo Guest

people who want to discuss guns have been for the most part run off by a select few unfriendly people on the board. imo so long as they are allowed to act the way they do, this forum will not recover.

I think th eboards history of outages hurt it also. I started on the original CSP back in the mid-90s. Back then the CMP didn't have their own forums they referred people to CSP. We had people like Bruce Canfield and Gus Fisher answering questions. The multiple issues with the boards being down for extended periods of time severely damaged it. CMP started their own forums and others went else where. Old favorites have moved on or passed on.

Different generations have variations on their similar interests. As time has passed there have been a reduced interest in old military rifles and more interest in newer ones. Sort of like the Model T car enthusiast giving way to the hot rods of the 60's and newer.

And after 20 odd years personal interests change for most. I've thinned out my Garands and probably won't buy any more. I've moved on to shooting what I have and action pistol competitions.

But I still come back to visit

Blog Entries

I've been a member since I came back from West GE in '82. At that time this was THE gunboard. May thru July the Firing Line was buzzing getting ready for Camp Perry.

You are right about the new gun boards. One is all 6 or 6.5 everything, one is AR anything, others are all self defense, or bench rest.

I guess I'll just keep taking my wooden warriors out and answering "is that a _______?" And making a bigger, slower "bang" than "Matty Matel".

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    I've been a member since I came back from West GE in '82.
    '82? Think back. 1982 was before the internet became publicly available. That must have been you, Al Gore and seven others! An old Bitnet user eh?
    I'm assuming you meant '92?
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**