Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is time...

Default It is time...

OK, it is the time we as a group should do something. I tried to recruit some senior members to form a group to preserve and protect Major Culver’s writings, musings and experiences. My fear is that when this forum collapses, we will lose the Major’s legacy.

I pledged a considerable contribution and other senior members… many of which no longer post here… agreed to contribute. Money is not the problem. Unfortunately we are all old and not IT types and where can we find a young star that loves and respected the Major and is a IT genius… And that brings up Pat. She is a great American patriot but she is also over 70 and when she gets tired of togor and his minions… all she has to do to end the agony is to pull the plug.

We are in a new civil war. If you are sick and tired of three folks that execute a coordinated attack on the American Dream, the Constitution, and the RKBA… Let Pat know and ask her to help us.
    Last edited by RED; 10-28-2018 at 08:49.

Blog Entries

Very happy to honor the Major's memory as an avid CMP/NRA service rifle and C&R competitor. Without him (and a few others) we wouldn't have the M1 Garand matches we have today.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    Very happy to honor the Major's memory as an avid CMP/NRA service rifle and C&R competitor. Without him (and a few others) we wouldn't have the M1 Garand matches we have today.

Then send Pat $200 to preserve the Major's teaching's.

Put up or shut up!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    Then send Pat $200 to preserve the Major's teaching's.

Put up or shut up!
    "Money is not the problem."

So, what's the plan?
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    "Money is not the problem."

So, what's the plan?

Plan ???? there ain't no plan. You and your Lord togor are killing the forum and in turn killing the Major's legacy. If you are so stupid to ask that question, here is the answer. To run a big forum like this you need big time computer expertise. Could you do it? So, if Pat dies from a heart attack tomorrow are you going to take over?

a

Blog Entries

Very persuasive. There's no plan, and you'd like me to take over executive control over this vBulletin powered forum?

I'll get back with you.
    Last edited by Roadkingtrax; 10-28-2018 at 09:24.

Get facebook pages. It's free and their picture support is better. The worst of the gripers never post in the other forums anyways, which is where the Major's legacy truly lives.
    Last edited by togor; 10-29-2018 at 05:37.

Blog Entries

outsider looking in here,

one side says xyz,
    the other side says abc,,

then 4 pages of arguing and name calling,

likely ok in the gun talk, or 2nd forums, but it also spreads into the already slow gun forums (which are what the original CSP was ,,,,,)

need proof?

post 5 here,

http://www.jouster2.com/forums/showt...w-Stock-at-CMP

comments had no relation to what was posted, and not even relevant to the discussion,

also take into account a few other threads recently about similar stuff happening, and the lack of folks, esp new folks, posting in the actual gun threads,

maybe, just maybe, if Maj Culver is to be honored, the discussions could go back to the actual shooting sports (regardless of discipline, and including plinking away at targets) and sharing gun knowledge, (if you need evidence of what that may be, or have forgotten, look at some posts by John Beard, Rick the Librarian, or Dick Hosmer, just to name a few, in the gun forums)

instead of just a bunch of vitriol,

flame away,,,,

Blog Entries

wayback machine is a neat thing,

here is the gun talk forum in 2005

http://web.archive.org/web/200502150...talk/config.pl

a lot of the links are not captured, but compare the titles to today's guntalk,

here is the top 35, I clicked this in the smallbore section

how many are still with us?

http://web.archive.org/web/200712051...rames;topstats
    Last edited by lyman; 10-29-2018 at 07:24.

My concern is if we all jump on Pat about the well known problem here she may just pull the plug anyway rather than deal with an additional headache. Banning the forums paid opposition pest will not prevent them from just registering again with different user names. There needs to be some form of registration verifying you are who claim to be with stricter guidelines on views, name calling, number of replies per subject and so forth. Getting rid of politics totally would solve the problem but because of the democrats anti-constitutional foundation it is impossible to have gun discussion w/o politics. It shouldn't be that way--gun rights are guaranteed but since laws and rights mean nothing to some politicians and judges the problem continues to exist.

Anyway and obviously I have no answers but I do try to put myself in Pat's position. The forum needs to be preserved and restored to it's glory days, the Major's legacy needs to be saved and our resistance problem needs to go once and for all. Again my concern is how and does Pat want to enforce changes? Though money may not be the problem it is always nice to receive but alone will not keep the riffraff out. Maybe Pat can make some suggestions or tell us to handle things on our own?