Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I was pointed to CSP from someone on the long defunct Shooters.talk forums. I have had the pleasure to meet several folks here in person and shoot with some of them too.
    Some folks have passed on, and some have wondered off.. Life does that.
    I still read here albeit not regularly.
    I do wonder where some of the folks are off to nowadays, e.g. Gush Fisher, E.G Clayton......

Tommy

Anyone heard anything from Chuck in Denver lately ??
    john
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

Blog Entries

No, not true, first viewed/joined on my first computer a Tandy / Radio shack, Christmas '82. Dial up only then.
    Last edited by PWC; 10-15-2018 at 09:30.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN COOK View Post
    Anyone heard anything from Chuck in Denver lately ??
    john
    His last post here was 03-19-2018 but, he is posting on Gunboards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by M1Tommy View Post
    I was pointed to CSP from someone on the long defunct Shooters.talk forums. I have had the pleasure to meet several folks here in person and shoot with some of them too.
    Some folks have passed on, and some have wondered off.. Life does that.
    I still read here albeit not regularly.
    I do wonder where some of the folks are off to nowadays, e.g. Gush Fisher, E.G Clayton......

Tommy
    Gus does the Va gunshows,

he was at the show in RVA last weekend, I usually see him in Chantilly (NGS) as well

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    Gus does the Va gunshows,

he was at the show in RVA last weekend, I usually see him in Chantilly (NGS) as well
    That is good to read. Mr. Fisher was very helpful with advice when I started shooting M1 Garands.
    Tommy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    I was just talking to a new member, and had a thought on why the site seems to have stagnated.

We have here, a wealth of info on old mil surps because of the original posters, esp the Major and Gus Fisher. It seems that we have gotten away from our core firearm 'values/discussion'.
    The remaining old farts, of which I am one, have/shoot/are interested in historic mil arms.

When the AR types took over Camp Perry, the interest for dedicated old farts and new shooters moved awav from this site's core knowledge base.

So, now go to the forums and scroll down and ckeck when was the last time anything was posted.

I hate to say it but Jouster has a lot in common with fender skirts

Lane's CSP Tips contains a lot of the distilled info, but not nearly enough/all.

The information highway has bypassed our town.
    the new member has a point, but not sure that is the reason

if it was, then would not all boards be down in membership and posts except possibly AR15.com?

Gunboards, Milsurps, and likely others are till great places to go to share and learn about wood and steel, not just plastic and aluminum,,

I think some boards do well with diverse discussions (diverse as in multiple firearm types, ) and others do well with more specific types (thinking rimfire central)

and they managed to keep the folks that jumped ship during the multiple outages/changes here,

just a thought

8. Default

Still stop in from time to time, yes the forum has changed. Posters are falling ill and moving to their lord. It's still nice to see whats going on from time to time here anyway, every now and then, I am humbled by the post of someone who knows way more than I do about one of the arms I own.Hope this keeps going forever, for the sake of the younger gens. Oh, I do miss all of these guys too!
    Last edited by maverick1; 10-29-2018 at 06:44.