Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    I have a non-rebuilt M/41, so I know a little about the respective differences between them. Yours looks like a genuine M/41B. Any chance you could post a pic of the inside of the receiver rail? Purely a matter of personal curiosity, to see what they did with the existing screw and pin holes when going to the newer base.
    This one's for you, Togor

...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

Looks like a beauty! I'm guessing that armorers re-used the 2 pin holes and three screw holes drilled into the left side of the receiver rail. Without a straight-on shot of the channel where the bolt lug rides it's hard to tell. But no need to bother with another picture.

Beautiful rifle! How is the bore? Have you cooked up a load for it yet?

3. Default

I took another run at it...

- - - Updated - - -

No load yet, although I will start with the same load I use in Ljungmans (36 gr 4064 and a 140 gr Nosler CC)

I have a "faux" M41B made up from an M96 for the CMP vintage sniper match and it is a fantastic shooter so far.

Here is a shot of the "faux" next to the real one.

Attached Images Attached Images
    ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

I'm red/green colorblind to an extent, but that bolt shroud appears plumb-colored to me. I have two Swedes but have never seen that anomaly. Anyone with more information on that?
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    I'm red/green colorblind to an extent, but that bolt shroud appears plumb-colored to me. I have two Swedes but have never seen that anomaly. Anyone with more information on that?
    Bolts were blued as part of the M/41b refurbishment. Also number matching across the rifle was deprecated. I have a M/41, not rebuilt, which is built on an all-matching 1909 Carl Gustav, bolt still in the white.

Here is a link to a true auction running on another M/41b, with a scarce Ajack scope can.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/788451152
    Last edited by togor; 10-13-2018 at 07:30.