After the power tool discussion we had almost a year ago, I'm pleased to report the HF Hercules 20v drill motor is still running like a champ. Has never let me down nor have I ever found a weak/run down battery even after sitting a month or so after charging. Hard to tell battery life per charge because the danged things go like the Energizer bunny.

You may recall the deciding factor was the cost of extra batteries as they go kaput long before cordless tools break. Comparable to the Dewalt with $90 batteries, the Herc batteries were only $29. I still have spares in the factory packaging in case the day ever comes.

My son took my old Porter Cable drills but only one of the four batteries will take a charge anymore. He told me with a smirk that I should have bought four spares back when. Loves the drills but rebuilt batteries cost more than a brand new kit any day of the week.

After using it side-by-side with my neighbors Dewalt we were hard pressed to see any outright differences aside from the color. They both drive 3" #9 decking screws equally as well. Not as easily as the Bosch impact driver, but that's a different tool in a different price range.