Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I rotate mine when I miss seeing and handling them all.

Blog Entries

Win model 1886 in 45-90. During the depression my dad traded 10 gal of gas for it. Barrel is smothbore. Back then when a rifle barrel was 'shot' they drilled it out and it became a 410 shotgun. Stock had been shortened before he got it and it is missing internal parts and is unshootable. Infact, I have half of the broken carrier on my monitor stand. Once upon a time I wanted to fix it up and shoot it....now too much time has gone by and parts are hi $$$. I don't have time to shoot what I have.

Replica Brown Bess Musket sits in the back because of the coast of black powder and the time to clean it.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

A M1884 Trapdoor rifle in pristine condition that I bought from Al Frasca a few years ago. Bluing and case color is excellent as well as the bore. Very minor nicks in wood. At the time, I also bought from Al an original bayonet with scabbard and original sling. I have add a period correct ammo pouch and tools.
    Last edited by Major Tom; 08-31-2018 at 04:36.

one day i'll find some 11.7mm brass for my danish rolling block and liberate it from the dark recesses, at least it has some company with the model 97 Winchester...

The one's that shoot or look the best. I only take them out on special occasions. The Model 1917 is a work horse and I just grab it all most everytime. Garands come and go so they get test fired. Once in a while I think, I've got this awesome rifle, go out and shoot it. So I do.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

4-41 Lend Lease Garand and 1926NM Springfield

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    Went through the safe doing a periodic oiling of the bores. Got me wondering how things get ordered as they do. In my case it's a CMP Collector Grade from 2005, with a CMP datasheet in the stock listing it as an all original post-war SA. Issued but very very low miles, as was the case with some of those Greek returns. Not the most valuable gun in the collection but I have other Garands if I want to futz with one, so it sits at the back.
    12 ga caplock muzzle loader. No identifiers at all. It's still shootable but I don't because it's a family heirloom that I've promised to my brother when I'm gone.

Pacific North west & Lake Havasu City, AZ.

I've got my first gun from when l was 9 years old in 1959, a Daisy BB gun. lt' a Carbine and l still have the leather lace up butt pad for it too. Then my first .22 which is a Stevens "Favorite" which my Dad gave we when l turned 11 years old. I don't get out and shoot them because they are mostly just keep sakes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Duane Hansen View Post
    I've got my first gun from when l was 9 years old in 1959, a Daisy BB gun. lt' a Carbine and l still have the leather lace up butt pad for it too. Then my first .22 which is a Stevens "Favorite" which my Dad gave we when l turned 11 years old. I don't get out and shoot them because they are mostly just keep sakes now.
    We should all be so lucky as to have valuable pieces like that. When my folks left Alaska all the guns got sold at the yard sale. I was in the Navy at the time. My comics and tapes all disappeared too. My first gun was a Daisy BB. I put a "sling" on it with hose clamps, a real leather sling. I sank a lot of "battleships" down at the slough. I would never think to break glass out in the field these days. These days I pick up other peoples trash.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.