1. Default RIA Ithaca 37 and Remington Model 10

Was at the Big Reno Show this past weekend and Rock Island Auction had some of the guns there that will be in the September auction including a WWII Ithaca 37 trench gun and a WWI Remington Model 10 trench gun. These are two of the best examples of these hard to find trench guns that I have even seen. Links below:

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...trench-shotgun

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...n-arms-inc-10a

2. Default

I read somewhere that Bruce Canfield consigned some of his collection to RIA. Can anyone verify?
    "There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service

I have never seen an Ithaca trench with a checkered buttstock.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Wilson View Post
    I have never seen an Ithaca trench with a checkered buttstock.
    It also has a cap on the pistol grip.

Scott, I too have not seen a WWII Ithaca trench with a checkered stock. But a seasoned collector friend of mine said he has seen a WWII Ithaca riot gun that had a buttstock with pistol grip cap, and it was stamped underneath the pistol grip cap "RLB 42". If the stock is original to this gun it likely should be serial numbered to the receiver.

5. Default

Pat Redmond had a consecutive pair of trench guns. One was plain, one was checkered.
    Of course, the issue is resolved by checking the serial on the stock.
    At the money that will go for, a gunsmith needs to pull the stock and look.

I just looked at the auction pictures again. Go back and compare the left and right sides of the pistol grip and notice the distinct inconsistency in the checkering pattern. My opinion is that it was not applied at the factory.

7. Default

It looks like correct period checkering, but it could be a stock off an earlier gun. Need to see the serial number.

8. Default

Well, that was entertaining. For those that didn't follow the auction last weekend, the M37 Ithaca sold for $20,700 and the Remington Model 10 sold for a staggering $74,750! That's a benchmark I don't think we'll see surpassed for a while.

9. Default

$74K Holy Moly!