Thread: An awesome M68

Default An awesome M68

In my search for a complete Trapdoor 50 70 collection I finally found a awesome specimen. Picked up this beauty from Al Frasca about a month ago. Needed a good cleaning as it was stored improperly. Seems to me that this rifle had spent most of its life in a closet. Now I need a M70 IMG_1424.jpgIMG_1430.jpgIMG_1426.jpgIMG_1429.jpgIMG_1432.jpg

That's a nice solid specimen - Al only handles good stuff. It will be a challenge to find a nice 1870 - they seem to have been used harder, and of course production was only about 20% of that for the 1868. I have three* of them, all slightly different, but none are as nice as that.

(1) 1870 Trials rifle (without word "Model" and rear sight tight to short receiver, single-shoulder rod)
    (2) Early production (no "Model, single-shoulder rod)
    (3) Late production (with "Model", double-shoulder rod)

I expect that (2) will be up for sale within the year, and MAYBE (3), but (1) - due to its' rarity - is a keeper.
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 08-14-2018 at 08:27.

Thanks Dick Hosmer. What are you looking to get for the ones you expect to go up for sale?
    Al was a pleasure to deal with! It also has all 4 cartouch marks. IMG_1428.jpg
    Last edited by Carlsr; 08-14-2018 at 12:24. Reason: Photo