Default FYI, regarding the BASSPRObelas...

went to local Cabela's for putting a "trail-cam" on "lay-a-way".

They don't do that anymore!

Now have to wait for next payday for getting full cost.

2. Default

Wonder when they will go the route of ' DICKS' ??

Lay-a-way. Even the term is archaic. Your charge card is layaway.
    -Waiting for it...
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    I think Bass Pro/Cabela's is a doomed species and will in the not too distant future, join a host of brick and mortar stores that are gone.
    If that comes to pass, it will be because they ASKED for it by switching from the highly profitable mail-order business to brick and mortar. Although Bass Pro began as a real store--ONE, not having them all over the country--Cabela's tried deliberately to copy their success by setting up their own "showplace" stores. The rotten consequence of doing that has been that many customers NOW have to pay sales tax on formerly tax-free purchases!

I have a HUGE number of bonus-points built up on my BP credit card, because after the Cabela's merger, BP stopped sending out the sales circulars that I used to order from. Now I guess I've got to find something to buy even at their inflated regular prices before they become worthless!!!

5. Default

Yep, no more layaway and military discount. The only discount the employees get now is if it has "Cabelas" on it. The stuff is overpriced. I just saw a rack of Mosin 91s for 359 each at the local store. Flies for $2+ each when Sportsmans Whse down the block has them for .79. Too many MBAs and bean counters.
    Last edited by ikesdad; 08-15-2018 at 07:42.