Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lab radar choreograph

Any one used the instrument, looking for good and bad.

Blog Entries

I have not, but Ive heard nothing but good things.

Heard great things.

Was saving for one, hoping a sale would happen when I had the money, than just recently jumped on a Magnetospeed sporter at a good price.

The concerning things about the LabRadar I am aware of is centered on price. They are expensive and you should spend on a good case to protect it and an external power source.

The concerning things "I have heard" about LabRadar is that it can be fragile. Wind blows it over and it falls the height of its standing position on to the bench can damage it at times. Eeven more so should it fall the height of a blown over tripod.

The external power source port is weak. Be careful with straining the port when you plug in your ext power pack.

They can be finisky in aiming. There are improvised peep sights people use (a cut straw) to improve the aiming notch.

They can be finisky in triggering depending on what you shoot.

Most of these issues seem to be operator error concerns.

If you are competent the LabRadar seems like the ultimate personal ballistics tool.

As for my sporter it gives me everything I need for data and at the 100 yards I tend to use it the point of impact concerns dont seem to matter. If only I could get down range data as the LabRadar gives..........

I use one a couple of times a week and have nothing but good things to say about the device.
    As with anything , the human factor comes into play. Read the instructions and you won't have a problem.
    I personally like the ability to get accurate readings no matter what the weather is.

Thanks all. Pmclain I am using the sporter now but it won’t work when any of us put our suppressors on. (Bought sporter before everyone decided to add suppressors to mix). We are going to have to jump up to the Magnetospeed V3 or something like the lab radar. I’ve had good luck with the magneto speed sporter. The attraction to the lab radar is no clamping on Barrel and potentially changing harmonics. It gets windy here and the lab radar is built like a sail so stability while standing on the tripod might be a big issue. Fortunately there are four of us to split the cost of what we decide on.

Quote Originally Posted by p246 View Post
    Thanks all. Pmclain I am using the sporter now but it won’t work when any of us put our suppressors on. (Bought sporter before everyone decided to add suppressors to mix). We are going to have to jump up to the Magnetospeed V3 or something like the lab radar. I’ve had good luck with the magneto speed sporter. The attraction to the lab radar is no clamping on Barrel and potentially changing harmonics. It gets windy here and the lab radar is built like a sail so stability while standing on the tripod might be a big issue. Fortunately there are four of us to split the cost of what we decide on.
    Sounds great splitting the costs.

I come from a ban state so suppressors are not in the mix.

The short time Ive been using it the Sporter has served me well.

Someday a LabRadar wll be on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by p246 View Post
    I have been using the heavy Leupold spotting scope tripod for mine. It would have to be way to windy to shoot to knock that bugger over.

Quote Originally Posted by pmclaine View Post
    Sounds great splitting the costs.

I come from a ban state so suppressors are not in the mix.

The short time Ive been using it the Sporter has served me well.

Someday a LabRadar wll be on the bench.
    I’d rather run a muzzle break but we can shoot 1350 at moms after a 20 minute drive. Neighbor a mile away complaining, so we agreed to suppress the rifles and he’d be happy. He is a mile up range not down range. I don’t think the 300 winmags 308 260s are too bad. The one BA50 is what I think bothers him. So expensive but easier that causing drama.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    I have been using the heavy Leupold spotting scope tripod for mine. It would have to be way to windy to shoot to knock that bugger over.
    Yes that problem could be sorted out. We’d need a heavier tripod as ours are carbons. Back in the day we marched under rifle and pack to THE spot and shot. Got everything as lite as possibly. Now it’s can a truck drive up to shooting position, good.

- - - Updated - - -

So the lab radar will track the bullet run for about a hundred yards, or is it a truedopler radar that can track from start to termination.

There is also a heavy steel plate base for the labradar that for sure won't blow over. Good for prone and bench. Heavy though.

I have one and would never be without it. Majority of handgun shooting I do is at an indoor range so it’s about the only one that will work. Had some issues with the first software for iPhone but LabRadar has fixed that with update.
    Last edited by Reeferman; 08-29-2018 at 04:53.