Default How to make your gun look old - temporarily

So I had this bright shiny German Sport Guns .22 Stg-44 lookalike. All of the real STGs I have seen at gun shows have shown signs of a lot of wear. I went over mine with Rub ‘n Buff silver, a craft item you can rub on with your fingertip. Model makers use it to simulate wear and tear on model aircraft and armor. It wipes right off with Hoppes and probably a lot of other gun cleaning products. I guess this is kind of silly but to me it makes the gun look more authentic. If you had an old gun and fitted a new part to it such as a repro antique scope sight, this would be an easy way to make it look more authentic. You can buy Rub ‘n Buff at Michaels or hobby lobby. The best stuff is in little jars, I recommend Pewter but this was done with silver packaged in a tube.[ATTACH=CONFIG]44019[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 08-08-2018 at 02:58.

GOOD looking rifle! How does it do for function, accuracy, etc.? Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    GOOD looking rifle! How does it do for function, accuracy, etc.? Sincerely. bruce.
    It’s ok. It likes a thorough cleaning every 400-400 rds. And you want to use the semi auto or high velocity ammo in it.
    Accuracy at 50 feet is about average for any sporter .22 about 1/2” group off the bench.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 08-09-2018 at 12:21.

Back in the 70's I came across a polish called Semichrome. It sounds much like what you are talking about. I used it to remove burned powder on my nickel plated revolvers. It can be used to remove light rust from blued guns if you don't rub it too hard or too much. Can also be used to smooth actions. It's like real fine valve grinding compound. Good stuff.

Nice rifle.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...v-web&fr=yfp-t

5. Default

USED simichrome on my BMW 750. and Pledge on the paint. That baby just gleamed