Sage, California....where the pavement ends and The West begins

Default WTS: U.S. military M1 Garand stock set

UPDATE: ALL STOCK SETS EXCEPT M1 GARAND STOCK SET #5 HAVE BEEN SOLD

NOTE: IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN ANY OF THESE ITEMS, PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY BY EMAIL AT vonweigert(a)earthlink.net[/B] REGARDING THEM. PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE OR CONTACT ME THROUGH THIS SITE AS THESE ITEMS ARE LISTED ON OTHER SITES SO MESSAGES SENT TO MY EMAIL WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY AS IT MAKES IT EASIER TO DETERMINE WHO GETS WHAT.

U.S. military M1 Garand & Carbine stock sets, carbine handguards

Most of the Garand stocks came from Springfield Armory, Inc. years ago when they still offered items like this. 2 of them are still in their original Springfield Armory, Inc. shipping boxes with the shipping labels attached, one still shows the original price of $159.20.

These are all nice, clean, straight, solid, usable stock sets. There is no damage or other issues other than the ding with the wood putty filler noted below on M1 carbine stock #2. Nothing is included other than what is listed with each set. There are no other parts available for these stock sets, or for M1 Garand rifles or M1 carbines.

If you have one of the more recent CMP Garands with new commercial production wood or beat up wood, or one of the well used import Garands, these would be good options to restock your rifle with some nice wood.

With all the various imported Garands with trashed or "junk wood" stock sets, and all the CMP rifles with damaged or missing wood, nice genuine U.S. military Garand stocks have become scarce and costly, and will become even more so if all those Garands from Korea (and if I recall correctly, the Philippines) are allowed to be repatriated.

There are also 2 M1 carbine "M2" stock sets listed.

1. Garand stock set #1. (sold)

2. Garand stock set #2. (sold)

3. Garand stock set #3 (SOLD)

4. Garand stock set #4 (SOLD)

5. Garand stock set #5
    This is a walnut stock with birch rear handguard in good, as issued and used, condition. It has various handling marks like little dings, scratches, gouges, etc., and old original military finish. It is solid, clean, usable, decent looking condition. There is a plain P cartouche on the front of the pistol grip, and the marking 1c3 that someone has carved into the bottom of the pistol grip. The only included metal is the clip on the rear handguard, there is no front handguard.
    $65 + shipping

6. M1 Carbine stock set #1 (SOLD)

7. M1 Carbine stock set #2. (SOLD)

8. SOLD

9. SOLD

Required form of payment is U.S. Postal Money Order - NO PAYPAL!

FIRST DEFINITE AND UNCONDITIONAL "I'LL TAKE IT" TO MY EMAIL AT vonweigert(a)earthlink.net GETS IT, AS THESE STOCKS WILL ALSO BE LISTED FOR SALE ON OTHER SITES.

Last edited by Marcus; 01-05-2021 at 09:43.

Garand stock set #5
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marcus; 10-09-2018 at 04:28.

Garand stock set #5, more photos
    Attached Images Attached Images

I will take #7 carbine stock.

Stock set #5 is still available.