Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Suadi

Damn straight!

Actually this spat is turning very serious very quickly. The Saudis are talking about no further commercial contracts with Canada and given that we have a $15 Billion contract with them for armored vehicles, the economic hit could be significant. They have also said that they are telling their students studying in Canadian universities to pack their bags. Who knew that we had 20,000 Saudi students in our universities? This is going to be costly as well since foreign students pay a far higher tuition than do Canadian students and that helps fund the universities. In addition, they have ordered our ambassador to leave the country.

This is all because our normally pretty competent Minister of Foreign affairs posted a tweet critical of Saudi's human rights practices. She is certainly correct in her opinion but should not have posted it on the web. Given the views of the Saudis towards women, I suspect that they could not tolerate being criticized by one.

The Saudis were probably being nice by buying armor from Canada. $15 billion? No,way. Or a billion isn't what it used to be. Do they even know where Canada is on the map? China might be closer.
    So another blunder via Facebook. That makes 345,780,600, 000. Ooh,a post critical of their treatment of women. I'd think they'd be used to that.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Another blunder by the liberal side. The conservatives will be all over that like flies on cow fertilizer.

I see it the same as Gobbel's getting upset in the 40's if the Nazi's treatment of Jews was criticized.

KTK

"...battle tank costs around $3,000,000 U.S..." Sold. An M1 Abrams is worth 6.2 million US each. A military contract isn't about the per unit price. It's about that plus all the operational training, parts and maintenance training too.
    The Dinky Toy, that is highly susceptible to IED's, are costing the Saudi's about 16 million each over 14 years. Put a 105 mm gun on the thing and it'll flip over under recoil.
    Spelling and grammar count!

8. Default

Conversely if the Saudis or any other religious/conservative country were to criticize the PC crowd in Canada-or down here, they would be told.....
    Freedom of Speech for Me, but not for Thee.

"...apparently from Mars..." 3 million in Martian currency? snicker. A Sherman is worth 300 grand up here.
    The $358 million contract is probably a maintenance or refit contract.
    Highly unlikely the Saudis will cancel the Dinky Toy contract. They need 'em to wash their dissidents out of the sand. S'why the CF got 'em 35 years ago. They have a water cannon attachment for 'em. Trudeau the Elder wanted 'em to wash the Quebec trouble makers off the bridges in Ottawa. Telling 'em they can't have the rest of their order is more of a threat to them than anything else Junior can think of doing.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

This is a NINE year old string!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!