Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Darwin applicant

Watched something similar back when I was a kid. Back then, they used to keep the road from West Yellowstone to Old Faithful open through the winter. The ground around the geyser area was warm, a bit of grass grew there, and buffler and elk liked to hang out there. There was a cow and a calf buffalo out on the grounds, and some chowderhead pulls up next to us, jumps out with his Super 8 Kodak, and while looking through the viewfinder, manages to work himself between that cow and her calf..... There was one spindly pine tree out there that he somehow managed to keep between him and that cow for what seemed like a half hour, till he got guts enough to make a dash for the hood of his car. Only thing better was the bear show at the West Jellystone garbage dump, and saw just about the same thing happen when a Tourista threw a chunk of ribs out for a griz......

There's a guy you don't to do much drinking with.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Stupid can't be fixed.................actually, I was pulling for the buffalo.

There are two things that can't be legislated for or against: good taste and stupidity.

Famous last words"Watch this"

Quote Originally Posted by SloopJohnB View Post
    Stupid can't be fixed.................actually, I was pulling for the buffalo.
    You and me, both.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Humphrey View Post
    You and me, both.
    Me too. Sad thing is though I heard if the buffalo helped "cleanse" the gene pool it would have been put down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminvirginia View Post
    Me too. Sad thing is though I heard if the buffalo helped "cleanse" the gene pool it would have been put down.
    I know they do that with bears -- and frankly, I consider that a mistake. Any buffalo or bear that cleanses the gene pool should be honored, not shot.

As far as being a Darwin applicant, I'd say that was a pretty good dress rehearsal. He thinks it worked. He thinks he's smart. He'll have to prove it again in grand fashion.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**