Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is my inventory listing I had of the carbine, I think it's pretty correct as to the carbine's description, Ray

A very early Inland manufacture carbine, serial # 13961, the barrel is dated 7-42. The carbine was made during the first few first months of manufacture of carbines probably about Aug - Oct 42. The carbines were not officially released for issue by the government until after final testing of Inland production samples was completed about September 1942. The carbine has all early type 1 & 2 Inland parts, including flip rear sight, full serrated magazine release, checkered safety, and the trigger housing retainer pin with the spring clip to secure the pin , unmarked 1st pattern sear. The stock is the early I cut high wood with the IO and a small Ordinance Bomb in the sling recess. A large Ordinance Bomb is on the side of the stock which was added about Oct-Nov 42. The hand guard is also stamped with an IO and ordinance bomb. Overall the gun is still in about Very Good condition and is complete with an original WWII period sling ink stamped S-S2, (quality hardware sling), oilier, and correct type I Inland magazine....
    'Does it sound about right? Ray
    Last edited by rayg; 07-12-2018 at 06:34.

I think you covered it very well Ray.

Apparently the hammer on mine is a type I and not a type II according to an old M1 Carbine association thread that was on here a few years ago with carbine info and that has a break down of the parts. The only thing that might be a bit out of date would be the stock. And that might still fit within the assembly period, http://uscarbinecal30.com/.1942 M1 carbine-25.JPG Ray
    Last edited by rayg; 07-15-2018 at 04:12.

By the way, Tuna, thank you for your responses to my questions.. In checking back for about four or five years of posts on this carbine forum, I see that you have been very active and help full in responding to questions and providing good information regarding the carbine to posters. Thank you for your knowledge and participation in the forum as. Ray
    Last edited by rayg; 07-15-2018 at 04:33.

Yes Ray, your type 1 hammer is correct for your carbine as it should be. Your very welcome for the information I have and do not mind sharing it with others. I am NOT an expert on carbines as there are others with much more knowledge then me but I will help if I can unlike others I know.