Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpebble View Post
    A little later perhaps but my 1963 copy of " Small Bore Target Shooting by W.H. Fuller " is a worthy read
    Thanks, I had a look at my favourite second hand book site (Abebooks) which lists a second edition of that at £1,168.51 + £56 for postage from the US. Fortunately it also has a first edition for £20.76 inc P&P!!!

Eddie

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Parks View Post
    Thanks, I had a look at my favourite second hand book site (Abebooks) which lists a second edition of that at £1,168.51 + £56 for postage from the US. Fortunately it also has a first edition for £20.76 inc P&P!!!
    One of the bizarre & inexplicable facts well known to anyone who does a lot of on-line book buying is the absolutely crazy inconsistency of pricing--cheap modern reprints priced far above fine original eds., for ex. It's very obvious that many of these dealers pull their prices directly out of the air, without the least attempt to research average values. Would be very confusing if book search services didn't list titles cheapest prices first.

3. Default

Yep, I agree. I always take a look at what the most expensive option is! In this case the 2nd most expensive is in excess of £700. I do find that Abebooks is really outstanding for finding rare and unusual titles and frequently at pretty good prices too.

4. Default

You can also check out: "The American Rifle" : A Treatise, a Text Book, and a Book of Practical Instruction in the Use of the Rifle, by Colonel Townsend Whelen (1877-1961). Colonel Whelen wrote many books on small arms, marksmanship, and hunting.

Richard

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Turner/Turner Saddlery View Post
    You can also check out: "The American Rifle" : A Treatise, a Text Book, and a Book of Practical Instruction in the Use of the Rifle, by Colonel Townsend Whelen (1877-1961). Colonel Whelen wrote many books on small arms, marksmanship, and hunting.

Richard

you can read quite a bit of that book here. https://books.google.com/books/about...d=MAoZAAAAYAAJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Parks View Post
    Can anybody recommend some good older classics on rifle shooting?

Eddie
    Most of the American Rifleman magazines before about 1970
    Read, think, UNDERSTAND, comment