1. Default Hello from Northern Ireland

Hi Guys

New member here. I am returning to small bore shooting after a career in the Royal Artillery.

I like to shoot older rifles so I have a BSA Martini 12/15 which is fitted with a pre-war Parker Hale (Fecker) X9 scope as well as a relatively new to me Lee Enfield ex-Royal Navy N9 trainer.

Looking forward to some interesting conversations.

Eddie12:15 finished.JPG

Blog Entries

Greetings. Your rifle is an excellent start!

If you’re into older military rifles, this is the best place to be. Thanks for the photo and welcome.

Welcome

KTK

5. Default

Nice rifle. We don't seem to have as much bulls eye competition as in the past, least not around here.

Hi Eddie. My small frame BSA has a roo on it and it's still chambered in .310.
    My rimfire is a mkII Greener conversion with AGP sights.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...enerSMRC22.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...greenerBSA.jpg

Welcome to the boards!

Last edited by JB White; 07-11-2018 at 03:49.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

7. Default

Lovely Rifles, I envy you the Aussie cadet rifle.

My other rifle is a .22 Parker Hale made Royal Navy Lee Enfield N9. Its a bit modified in that I have replaced the empty magazine shell with the version from the LE Canadian No7 which has a loading platform and makes life much easier. I also use a PH 8/53 sight attachment and am hankering after a PH No4 sight.

This is really completing the circle as I learnt to shoot rifles with a LE No8 with the Combined Cadet Force, moved on to the No4 to compete at Bisley in the British inter-schools competition. Next up was the 7.62 SLR (FAL) while at Sandhurst. During my military career I shot a lot with the SLR but also carried about a veteran Lee Speed stalking rifle in .280. After I retired I taught a new generation of cadets to shoot the No8 and on final retirement treated myself to the N9.

Eddie
    Last edited by Eddie Parks; 07-12-2018 at 08:10.

There's a fellow over on the Lee Enfield section who pops in every so often. You may find him on the smallbore page. He has expressed interest in the No9. Goes by the handle Kragrifle. Might be a good topic to get your feet wet around here.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Welcome.