1. Question Long Distance Shooting by Maj. Culver?

Hi, does anyone remember an article about long range shooting the M1 Garand by Maj. Culver? I thought it was in "Jouster Tales" and talked about using iron sights at I believe 500 yards, regards, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hi, does anyone remember an article about long range shooting the M1 Garand by Maj. Culver? I thought it was in "Jouster Tales" and talked about using iron sights at I believe 500 yards, regards, Mike
    It's there. Look for "M1 Rifle and Silver Horseshoes". Shooting at 1000yds at Vaile for the "Farr Trophy".

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Emri View Post
    It's there. Look for "M1 Rifle and Silver Horseshoes". Shooting at 1000yds at Vaile for the "Farr Trophy".
    Hi Emri, Thanks but that's not the article. I remember that it was stated that when the front sight covers the target shoot where you think the bulls eye is. I was trying to explain this to a friend and thought I would show him this post. I qualified at my club at 500 meters using this "tip". Qualification is 3 hits on a 24" square plate at 500 meters. Most people use a scope and out of 200 qualifiers I'm the only one who used a M1 Garand, great rifle lucky shooter. The idea of qualifying is to make sure all shots are aimed and trajectory is understood,. thanks, again, regards, Mike

What yu are describing is the "frame hold", in which the M1 front post is centered around the post and the shot is touched off.

I have used this for 600 and 1000 yds section of a NMC across the course.
    , due to my "corrugated corneas.