Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default IHC Service grade CMP M-1 vs. 1911A1

If you have $1,050 laying around, would you wait and order a CMP 1911A1 in Sept. or go ahead and buy one of the already on hand IHC Garands that has a 2 week ship date?

If you wait until Sept, there is no guarantee of having the 1911 any time soon. It will be a hassle with the entire inventory being wiped out in hours and who knows if and when you will be the lucky one to get yours. Unless I read the instructions wrong, there won't be rack grade, field grade, or Service grade 1911's, it will be luck of the draw?

On the other hand, a good shooting IHC service grade rifle can be yours in July for the same price and they ain't going to be many more.

And... then who knows how many more 1911's (if any) are going to be made available. It may be they will become plentiful as long as Trump is around...

Decisions... decisions...

IHC without a doubt

3. Default

I'd go the IHC also.

Definitely the garand! $1000 for a 1911 is too much when quality clones are available for half that price.

Rumour has it that the 1911A1's are in pretty rough condition. And you have to re-do the eligibility stuff.
    This is their description. "Service Grade $1050. Pistol may exhibit minor pitting and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces."
    "...Unless I read the instructions wrong..." Read 'em again. "The CMP 1911 customers will select their grade of pistol..."
    "...$1000 for a 1911 is too much..." Not for an issue pistol. I've seen 'em on-line at $2500 plus USD. Condition, of course, is everything.
    http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/
    Spelling and grammar count!

6. Default

Keep in mind that per the CMP description the only guaranteed IHC part will be the receiver; still, the cool factor of direct delivery to your home. The 1911 has to go to an FFL and add the dealer's fee to the cost.

IHC all the way

IHC

Thanks guys, I mailed my IHC order on July 3rd. My CC was hit today, and the rifle should be here by Friday... Friday? Friday the 13th?

I hope it is a good one>

IHC M1 all the way