Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bill, so very sorry for your loss. It's a pain many of us know all too well. You do realize, of course, that if you don't get another dog, you'll have to get another cat. Cats are social animals and need company. The cat will probably spend considerable time looking for Sooner.
    I dream of a better world. One where chickens may cross the road without their motives being questioned.

So sorry for your loss My deepest sympathies

If I ever get to Heaven, I will know it because the two dogs that are gone will be there to meet me. Regards, Clark

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    I've always prayed for the time when they would juzt go to sleep and not answer the call, but it never happens. They all got too sick or hurt and the hardest decision must be made. I' sorry for your loss.
    It never happens. I accept the biological necessity of death--to create space for new life; but I don't understand the cosmic necessity for a miserable, prolonged, painful, utterly wretched death. Watching it happen again & again to my beloved companions--please don't say "pet"--destroyed my religious faith many years ago & turned me into a reluctant atheist. I wish it were otherwise, & sincerely envy those possessing deep faith, as it's the greatest possible blessing in this misery-filled world, but it's quite impossible for me, so long as my brain can remember the suffering I've had to watch.

My last beloved companion, in fact the most beloved of them all, I lost just last week, so please, no cant about "getting over it."

Quote Originally Posted by clintonhater View Post
    It never happens. I accept the biological necessity of death--to create space for new life; but I don't understand the cosmic necessity for a miserable, prolonged, painful, utterly wretched death. Watching it happen again & again to my beloved companions--please don't say "pet"--destroyed my religious faith many years ago & turned me into a reluctant atheist. I wish it were otherwise, & sincerely envy those possessing deep faith, as it's the greatest possible blessing in this misery-filled world, but it's quite impossible for me, so long as my brain can remember the suffering I've had to watch.

My last beloved companion, in fact the most beloved of them all, I lost just last week, so please, no cant about "getting over it."
    Many things as humans we can't understand and the beauty of it is that we don't need to, that's above our pay grade. Some questions need not be asked because there is no answer in our limited time frame. I am a Believer because I don't ask I just believe it is that simple for me. As a father it is my job to help my children without them having the need to ask, just the belief that Dad will always be there to take care of them without the need to ask. Sometimes Dad had to let them experience pain for them to learn what not to do, I hurt twice for them in letting something happen. As a Christian I experience pain and it brings me closer to Christ and what He experienced for me. By accepting the Son, I accept the gift that He did for me by dying on the Cross so I won't have to. Whatever pain I experience is nothing compared to what He did for me and it is a reminder of Him and His love for me...a mortal sinner.
    Sam

Sorry to hear of your loss, I really am. I don't know if you remember me posting a picture of my chow but it could of been a twin to yours.

KTK

Sorry for your loss, really.

Our own Charlie-the-Incredible-Velcro-Lab died 3 years ago, and I still miss her sometimes.

Tommy

I had to put my 13 year old Lab down last Dec. It really sucked. I feel your loss.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

9. Default

My friend passed away two years ago. You have my sympathy.

You have to face what a lot of us and to step-up and make a LOUSY decision. I had to let the "Tizzy" go.

Presently,in process to acquire a new 5 month pup, hopefully by the 28th.

The following was copied from the "Pet Show" by Warren Ekstein:[its' a tear jerker]

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE
    There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors.
    Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass. When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place.
    There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.
    There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth.
    So, each day they run and play until the day comes when, one suddenly stops playing and looks up! The nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring! And this one suddenly runs from the group!
    You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace,
    Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.
    Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated...