Default Which driveway alarm to buy?

Not that that my driveway is overly long (about 80 foot) I want some type of alarm to tell me if someone is walking up my driveway. I had a cheap model but I couldn't hear the alarm sitting next to me. I want a sensor that I can mount most anywhere and a wireless receiver, all battery powered. Most important is that it be loud.
    Thank you

I have a Chamberlain unit. It will go very loud and you can change the sound. I have it 40 yds from the house and it senses everything from turkeys to bears and cars

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in NH View Post
    I have a Chamberlain unit. It will go very loud and you can change the sound. I have it 40 yds from the house and it senses everything from turkeys to bears and cars
    Can you advise me the model number please?
    Thanks for your reply

Made a mistake. the one I have now is the Guardline Outdoor Motion Alert. It is the one that sells for around 100$. It works great. Have had it for well over a year now.

Dakota Alert is the answer... Yeah, it might be a bit much for your short drive but they are LOUD, and extremely reliable. A moving vehicle is what I choose to alert me for my 1400 foot drive way, so no false alarms from dogs deer, turkey, etc.

I can also say their customer support is outstanding! They replaced my indoor alarm speaker when it quit for no charge. It was 6 years old.

https://www.amazon.com/Dakota-Alert-...A1B7M9EQGNCLQA
    Last edited by RED; 06-29-2018 at 05:32.

Unless you only expect friendly visitors you need some kind of 360 alert. If your just looking out for family or the mother in law, the driveway only needs watching. Depending on family et.el.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

7. Default

You can go to harbor freight and get what you need , a drive way alarm and maybe one or two more if there are other area's of concern . I think you can get them so more than one alarm works with more than one sensor . They also sell Bunker hill cameras , that will let you see and record . Have had some for about a year now , well spent money , night vision is pretty decent too , wired or wireless . I got the wireless and one camera is about forty feet from monitor and camera is good for another forty plus in daytime and thirty plus and night .
    The monitor handles up to four camera's and easy as pie to set up .
    Kenneth
    Last edited by aintright; 07-03-2018 at 04:25.

8. Default

I’ll second the Dakota Alert. I have been using them for years.

I live 3/4s of a mile from the county road, and couple of years ago, my driveway alarm showed up on my porch -- a starving pit bull. He can hear a car turning off the county road, and always alerts me.