Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default who completely does No. 4 mk. 1s

wood and metal? i prefer metal to to be photosphate back black before painting?
    Last edited by S.B.; 06-24-2018 at 05:28.
    The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson

Brian Dick on Lee Enfield stuff has a good reputation. Chuckindenver might be a possibility, but I can’t remember if he worked on L.E.s. I think chuck is still a member here, if so a PM could answer that.

3. Default

Does Brian Dick still do this? Last time I contacted him, was iffy. Please post a link to Chuckindenver?
    Steve

It's phosphating or Suncorite(paint). Not both. And doing it will drop the value by roughly half. Just something to consider.
    No mention of restorations on Brian Dick's site, but I'm guessing he'd know who to talk to. http://bdlltd.com/
    Spelling and grammar count!

Quote Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
    Does Brian Dick still do this? Last time I contacted him, was iffy. Please post a link to Chuckindenver?
    Steve
    He posts on milsurps.com on a regular basis, a pm would verify if he’s still working on rifles. He still sells parts, and LE related Manuals as I bought from him within the last year.

If you just want the rifle reparkerized shuffsparkerizing.com is the ticket.

Chuck is still in business, still working on firearms and bikes. Single easiest way to reach him initially is via a 'PM' on Facebook. When I queried him about working over a couple of my smelly's, he was happy to do the work, but said he has almost no parts for 'em.

7. Default

Mine is complete, Brian Dick quoted me $1000 for metal and wood?
    Steve

Nice to know he is still working, parts can be found, a good gunsmith on these old LE is becoming scarce,

Have to ask. What exactly is this rifle that "needs" a complete refinishing?

All too often people spend a lot of money only to reduce its value. A bog standard No4 in decent shape will always sell later at no loss to another collector. Refinishing takes it out of the collectors market no matter how good/expensive the job was done. That usually leaves the uneducated market to cough up the cash at resale to recoup about half of what was actually spent all told.

If you like it, and you want a nicer looking shooter without concern for dollars spent then...it's in your possession and your time & dime. However if your are a collector and may plan to roll it over towards something different at a later time, this is something to think over very carefully.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

10. Default

JB White, a valid point well taken. After speaking with Mr. Dick and he telling me that there is only 2 & 1/2 pints(I think he quoted me?) of the black final finish paint in existence left in this world. I'll take your advise and just shoot it as is. End of subject.
    Steve
    Last edited by S.B.; 06-30-2018 at 08:40.