Thread: Bump Stock Ban

Default Bump Stock Ban

Just saw on the news that my state of Delaware bans bump stocks. Not sure I heard right but something about owners have 60 days to turn in their bump stocks for a bump stock buy back. Not sure if it is DE or some other state.

Any one else heard anything in your state?

The few people I know that bought them would gladly participate in a buy back. After the initial thrill of firing it the reality of burning up a lot of ammo at one time becomes a reality.

Having fired full auto I could not see this part except as an unusual stock. Full auto has it's place in about 1% of the shootings IMHO. When I first had access to our departments full auto weapons I would check out the American Arms 180. In 4 seconds I had fired 180 rds of .22 LR. On windless days it would choke you from the powder fumes that came about your face, was OK accurate and took some time to load the Lewis style magazine. I preferred the shooting one of the two MP-40's that we had for "fun". For serious social intercourse the Thompson is hard to beat!
    Sam

I thought the DOJ and BATFE changed the MG regs, effectively making bump stocks post '86 MG parts and consequently unregisterable. Comment period soon to end. No?

5. Default

I don't own a bump stock and don't want one. I belong to two clubs with centerfire ranges and neither allows bump stocks. That said, my state, Maryland, passed legislation that bans ownership of bump stocks. This is an ATF approved, legally purchased product. Our overlords have decreed that all bump stocks must be surrendered or moved out of state. This should scare all gun owners.

Our overlords have decreed that all bump stocks must be surrendered or moved out of state. This should scare all gun owners.
    Now THAT is something which can be challenged as it can be applied to nearly everything someone decides they don't like. From tennis racquets to purple dish rags to...
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

7. Default

Binary triggers are so much better I sold my bump fire stocks when the first double tap triggers came out now they are down to 150$ much easier to handle and they don't waste too much ammo if used as a burst fire...……..

Quote Originally Posted by Discus420 View Post
    Binary triggers are so much better I sold my bump fire stocks when the first double tap triggers came out now they are down to 150$ much easier to handle and they don't waste too much ammo if used as a burst fire...……..
    I don't think the double tap/binary triggers have a future. Here is the law;

Section 5845(b) of the NFA defines “machinegun” as “any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.
    18 USC 922(o) - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
    https://www.atf.gov/file/55391/download
    With these mechanisms you pull the trigger one time and release it and the weapon fires more than once... Hello, how does that work and still be within the law?

Full auto is way overrated and since the 1930's there has only maybe 3 or 4 crimes committed with legally owned full auto weapons, and at least one of those was by a LEO. I owned a legal, tax paid, NFA registered, U.S. Marked, M-16A1 for over twenty years and in my opinion the world should thank Stephen Poddock for using the bump stock. Had he slowed down and fired aimed, single rounds, the casualty numbers would likely have been much greater.