Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Double barreled 30.06 gets the job done

Didn't know that they made them, anyone own one?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/...ucky-1.4698920

KTK

He shot the bear in the rear while it was attacking them? Fired two barrels simultaneous and killed two polar bears? They don't have peyote up there do they?

"...peyote up there..." Nunavut hunters don't need it. They have attack puppies. And whale blubber. snicker.
    "...Double barreled 30.06..." Lots of 'em made. That one looks like it might be a Baikal MP-221. Remington imported 'em Stateside about 10 years ago as their 'Spartan'. O/U only in .30-06, now, though, but you can have a SxS .45-70.
    http://www.baikalcanada.com/rifles_combo_artemida.htm
    Spelling and grammar count!

Seems to me that Winchester once made double rifles on their M101 over/under frame . . . But only for the European market.
    Last edited by JimF; 06-10-2018 at 10:04.

Amazing, simply amazing! I wonder what the projectile was, is CIL still producing ammo?
    Sam

I gotta say I don't understand a double rifle in .30-06. The double's specialty is two quick, very powerful rounds, but not range or accuracy. If I'm carrying a .30-06 it's going to be my pre-64 Model 70 Winchester.

Years ago when the Ruger 20 ga over and under shotgun appeared, it did not take long for gunsmiths to convert
    them. One in PA that I remember converted the Ruger over & under to 375 H&H. Back in the late 50's Sauer in
    Germany imported a 30-06 over&under. Browning used their shotgun frames for center fire rifle cartridges too

The Ruger Red Label was covert by the Paul Jaeger co., into a double 45/70, not sure what other caliber were available.

The original P. Jaeger Co., was closed and a second company was formed and bought the name but think it is closed down.

had thought about mine, with a set of barrel, but family came first.

A good shot but hopefully it wasn't recoil induced "doubling".

Many of the old English gun companies made double rifles on side by side actions. A number of them offered 30-06 chambering's in their rifles. But the picture in the link is a side by side but the rounds in it do not appear to be 30-06. Looks more like a rimmed round. Could be the photo too.

The rifle in the photo does indeed appear to be one of the Baikal Russian imports that Remington brought in several years back. Seems like Holland and Holland will still build you one, in whatever chambering pleases you, just take cubic cash with you when you go to order it. Back in the 70's when Browning was selling the little 20 gauge box lock side by sides, there were fellas rebarreling the things to rifle cartridges. Some made up into very nice rifles.
    Last edited by Darreld Walton; 06-12-2018 at 05:22.