1. Default Fight back twice as hard

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...emonade-stands

Overload the paper pushers with their own b.s.

2. Default

I always liked Country Time. Seems like the closest to home squeezed. Will buy some more.

Normally there is not enough crime to keep the officers busy, so they use that time to bust kid's lemonade stands.

4. Default

I recall a story in the Wall Street Journal years ago, about a young black woman-teenager, actually. Her goal was to become a cosmetologist, beautician, hair dresser. she was taking courses, had developed a small trade among shut-ins, the elderly, people who for whatever reason could not get out, she limited her services to what was strictly in her competence, using her fees to further her education and training. The town made harrumphing noises about "not licensed", "underage", etc. The Journal said if we want to encourage our young to acquire an education, master job skills to pursue an occupation-and a profession, then we should be making it easy for them. The town came up with a "learner's/student's" license.

What is this compulsion to license everything to the point of destroying it?

Here in Mountain View, Arkansas (the Folk Music Capital of the World) people come to play around the Court House Square in the evenings, and some people sell tapes or CDs. The Idiot in Charge of Code Compliance suddenly decided they need a business license, and knocked the music for a loop.

A friend of mine told how the Rattlesnake Roundup in Freer, Texas was nearly killed by some bureaucrat who decided all the participants needed out-of-state hunting licenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Humphrey View Post
    What is this compulsion to license everything to the point of destroying it?
    Money, Vern! For every license there is a licensing fee. States and municipalities make TONS of money by charging these fees. In the majority of cases, it has nothing to do with safety (which they will, of course, claim it is). It's all about finding more ways to make money- or in "modern speak" to find "alternative revenue streams."
    I dream of a better world. One where chickens may cross the road without their motives being questioned.