Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I got a DCM M1 (a lederkenney rebuild) and it did not take more then a couple months, if that long! $165, not the inflated prices of to-day!
    You can never go home again.

2. Default

My first Garand was from the DCM in '99? I think. Took 14 months. Still one of my nicest rifles though.

Got my first M1 Garand from the DCM my dad took me to a DCM shoot if i remember it was 100 shots for one M1 for life it was a HRA by CMP grades it would be a collector grade i could be wrong but i think he paid $90.00 for it

WOW! I finally received my Garand. and it is better in some ways than I expected. It is a SA with a June of 1943 serial number, a 1946 barrel that looks great inside, the correct bolt, a H&R trigger group and a post war op rod and a lock-bar rear sight. The new CMP stock is plain but very well made and has all new made metal and it locks up tight. A couple of coats of boiled linseed oil and it will look very nice. I wanted a shooter and I got what looks to be a good one.

Thank you CMP.

Question: The gas tube is really ugly... any suggestion on what to do to make it look a little more presentable?
    Last edited by RED; 06-22-2018 at 09:02.

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    The gas tube is really ugly... any suggestion on what to do to make it look a little more presentable?
    I'm glad you received a good M1. The rumor is CMP is nearing the end of the Greek returns and will ship the Philippine returns soon.

I have used high temp engine paint to cover the bright gas cylinder. The cast iron color gave good results.

https://www.amazon.com/VHT-ESP998000.../dp/B000CPINBG
    Last edited by gwp; 06-22-2018 at 09:24.

In answer to your questions, I have bought one of the Special Grade M1 Rifles at the North store, one in .30-'06, and it shoots exceedingly well. This was in 2011, and the one I purchased was probably a Greek return, with a nearly new HRA barrel, HRA receiver, commercial Birch stock, and everything else new SA parts. I have picked several more Garands out of the rack at the North Store since then, but they do not always have what I want. All the ones I have seen at the North Store since then have had new Criterion barrels. I have not been to the South store.