Default 6mm remington cartfidge

Anyone have a rifle in this cartridge? I had a .243 years ago and it was OK, but the neck was too sort for my taste. Always thought the 6mm rem. would be better. I looking at a Rem. BDL 700 in this caliber.

My uncle had a 6mm Remington. He liked it. Shot flat. He took a shot at a buck. Took a rest on the hood of the truck as he was in the field and the deer was one the edge of the woods. When he fired, he saw a deer drop. Drove over ... he'd shot over the back of the buck and killed a doe standing up in the woods. He had expected the bullet to drop more at that range. The 6mm shot a lot flatter than he expected. Later he told me the rifle was so powerful that when he shot the deer it not only died immediately but that by the time he drove over, the doe was already skinned, dressed out w/ all the meat wrapped and labeled. Guess my uncle sometimes stretched the truth a little bit. I personally think it could not possibly have been labeled. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

It started out as the 244 Remington but never quite successful until they changed the twist and name to 6mm Remington

leftyo Guest

my father had a 6mm rem forever. loaded it with imr4320 and whatever bullet he was using at the time. accurate cartridge, does everything a .243 does and with a bit more oomphff.

Gives you about 100 fps more than the .243 with like bullet weights. The neck length makes no difference.
    Biggest issue with the 6mm is its availability. You likely will not find it in small places. Wally World shows ammo with 100 grain bullets only. 95 grain Hornady ammo only in Cabela's. Both are deer bullets that'll work just fine on varmints.
    Brass is a whole other thing. Reasonably available on-line but not easily found in retail shops.
    Spelling and grammar count!