Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knifes in NY

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Former Cav View Post
    Planning on taking a trip later in the summer to escape the heat.
    I will need a KNIFE to open pill bottles, little bags that contain coconut oil etc.
    what is the longest blade allowed in NYC. for a standard pocket knife that folds??
    I know I won't be bringing my CCW as my wife has to go to this COMMUNIST controlled area.!
    TIA
    Bob
    PS. NY, CT, Mass, etc.. I'm NOT cutting the blade on my leatherman, I'll buy a cheap pocket knife
    Suggest a Swiss Army knife with the scissors, etc. Much easier for opening the bags, and then you can use to small tip screwdriver/can-opener for opening pill bottles.

I agree with others - there are no trivial issues with weapons in the Kommunist States. Just because you are a New Yorker and don't get searched does not mean an out-of-state/rental vehicle and occupants will not get searched by the NYS Gestapo, or any of the other Clowns. Many states make a practice of pulling over probable out-of-state persons because they know the tickets are likely to be non-contested.
    Last edited by bostonbound; 05-30-2018 at 05:52.

2. Default

The democrats need to enhance their revenues so they can spend more money on WEIRDO's like you!
    I'll hire a lawyer right away to find out why I haven't been getting my share of this money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bostonbound View Post
    Many states make a practice of pulling over probable out-of-state persons because they know the tickets are likely to be non-contested.
    If so, the cops must have their hands full! Because just about every other vehicle on the road around here has out of state plates!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by clintonhater View Post
    I'll hire a lawyer right away to find out why I haven't been getting my share of this money.

- - - Updated - - -

If so, the cops must have their hands full! Because just about every other vehicle on the road around here has out of state plates!
    That must make driving fun! You don't know HOW all the out-of-towners are going to drive....

I've been told that upstate New York is drop dead beautiful. If so, I can understand why so many visitors. I want to get up there one day, if I can get a visa to enter NY State from the US (just kidding!).
    Last edited by bostonbound; 05-30-2018 at 07:07.

https://knifeup.com/new-york-knife-laws/

Cav, seems like any knife that works for you should be OK. Swiss army knife not a bad idea, as those are pretty non-threatening, LOL.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bostonbound View Post
    That must make driving fun! You don't know HOW all the out-of-towners are going to drive....
    What makes driving fun are the thousands of FAH tourists riding bicycles on two-lane, shoulderless in most places, winding, mountain roads.

I've been told that upstate New York is drop dead beautiful.
    A billion FAH tourists from every part of the country evidently think so.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

Thanks for the info Togor and others who were CONSTRUCTIVE to this string.
    Clintonhater needs to change his name to ClintonLover. You have not contributed anything to this string that was constructive.
    I guess I'll have to put you on "ignore"

7. Default

I guess I'll have to put you on "ignore"
    Please do--it troubles me to think of morons reading my comments.

#1 you cant carry a knife of any size in an airport or a plane, best bet IS to take Azshooters advice and buy a cheap one for while your there and give it to your host when you leave. Anyway thats what I would do.

Re: Knives. I usually fly to NYC. Simply put my knife in my checked baggage. Obviously do not remove it while in the airport. Take it out later once I've left the airport. Same routine when flying home. Never a problem. No reason to simply buy a cheap knife locally. Just follow the rules. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Now that it's almost settled, I find it ludicrous that a NYC compliant knife is illegal in Chicago. Technically, my small everyday Swiss knife is evil by 3/32 of an inch here.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**