Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knifes in NY

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

Default Knifes in NY

Planning on taking a trip later in the summer to escape the heat.
    I will need a KNIFE to open pill bottles, little bags that contain coconut oil etc.
    what is the longest blade allowed in NYC. for a standard pocket knife that folds??
    I know I won't be bringing my CCW as my wife has to go to this COMMUNIST controlled area.!
    TIA
    Bob
    PS. NY, CT, Mass, etc.. I'm NOT cutting the blade on my leatherman, I'll buy a cheap pocket knife

Probably best to take a look at the applicable NY laws on knives. Very likely a common pocket knife will be fine. Have visited family in NY and NJ on numerous occasions. Have carried a standard little Case stockman. Never a problem. Of course I don't go pulling it out every time i turn around playing mumbly peg, etc. Tactical, etc., probably problematic. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.
    Last edited by bruce; 05-28-2018 at 04:50.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

https://injury.findlaw.com/product-l...nife-laws.html

New York

Except for New York City's knife length restriction against blades that are 4 or more inches, New York State does not restrict knife blade lengths. New York City ordinance requires knives to be concealed when carried in public.
    The state bans a host of knife types, including gravity knives (those that open with a flick of the wrist or by simply falling open), switchblades, pilum ballistic knives, and metal knuckle knives; those with a valid hunting or fishing license may legally possess gravity knives.
    Possessing a banned knife is charged as criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree.

OR

https://www.akti.org/state-knife-laws/new-york/

4. Default

Good God, worry about something realistic if you must--like a traffic accident! Or are you planning to show off your blades at every toll both you come to? Or flash them at cops if you're pulled over for speeding? I live in upstate NY & drive around everyday with a 6" Italian switchblade in my glove box. And yes, I have been stopped by cops more than once for running stop signs or speeding. But I don't go looking for trouble by driving drunk or recklessly.

Is that a pocket knife, or are you just happy to see me?
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Good God, worry about something realistic if you must--like a traffic accident! Or are you planning to show off your blades at every toll both you come to? Or flash them at cops if you're pulled over for speeding? I live in upstate NY & drive around everyday with a 6" Italian switchblade in my glove box. And yes, I have been stopped by cops more than once for running stop signs or speeding. But I don't go looking for trouble by driving drunk or recklessly.
    I was asking an honest question as I don't wish to break any of NY's arcane laws.
    You need a remedial reading course! Read the original post about what I was asking and what I was going to use this knife for.
    All I want is something decent enough to open packaging the medicines and vitamins come in. Wait till you get arthritis in your hands!!! You can't open much without TOOLS of some kind.
    I won't be going to NYC at all. I have no desire to even go to NY. Only reason is we are flying from PHX to Buffalo, NY as it is the ONLY non-stop flight. Then we are going to see the Ommegang brewery. And BTW.... If I have a beer, my wife has NOTHING and she drives, and if she has a WINE, then I have NOTHING and I drive! Real simple. So I won't be driving drunk or recklessly.
    Now, go back to your democratic hole and crawl back in it!!

7. Default

I've been in similar circumstances & just waited until I got there, then bought something cheap locally.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Former Cav View Post
    I was asking an honest question as I don't wish to break any of NY's arcane laws.
    You need a remedial reading course!
    And YOU need Depends, if you worry your little head about such a trivial non-issue.

And YOU need Depends, if you worry your little head about such a trivial non-issue.
    NOTHING is trivial in states like NY. The democrats need to enhance their revenues so they can spend more money on WEIRDO's like you!

Quote Originally Posted by clintonhater View Post
    The man ask a fare question, where do you get off being so critical?