Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

God, what a insult to food. I like peas but if I was on a desert island after the ship wreck and a case of canned peas washed ashore...I'd still starve. Lima beans. Lima equates to Lime or poison or something else awful. If I look at a Lima bean long enough I can see it growing legs and morphing into some kind of insect.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    God, what a insult to food. I like peas but if I was on a desert island after the ship wreck and a case of canned peas washed ashore...I'd still starve.
    More than likely you wouldn't have a can opener anyway.

That probably wouldn't happen anyway. It would be a case of canned salmon. God likes to mess with me.

4. Default

My parents used to love stuffed Bell Peppers. Although, as a kid I could eat sliced raw bell peppers in salads, the cooked version was sickening (I literally couldn't digest them & got sick). As I got older, the problem digesting bell peppers worsened & a Doctor finally told me that some people don't have some particular enzyme needed to digest it. Even as an adult, Mom delighted in torturing me with bell peppers (I chopped them up extra fine, so you won't even know they're there).

Eggplant is another non-favorite, although some friends grew a variety of tiny ones that were more solid & actually good.

Quote Originally Posted by AZshooter View Post
    My parents used to love stuffed Bell Peppers. Although, as a kid I could eat sliced raw bell peppers in salads, the cooked version was sickening (I literally couldn't digest them & got sick). As I got older, the problem digesting bell peppers worsened & a Doctor finally told me that some people don't have some particular enzyme needed to digest it. Even as an adult, Mom delighted in torturing me with bell peppers (I chopped them up extra fine, so you won't even know they're there).

Eggplant is another non-favorite, although some friends grew a variety of tiny ones that were more solid & actually good.
    That's one reason why my folks never forced me to eat certain foods and I in turn didn't try to force my children. You never know how they feel or what their digestive system will react to. My mother always said she would fix me something else to eat or I could just make a sandwich if I didn't like what she had prepared. My parents remembered how it was being kids themselves and certain foods you just have to acquire a taste for as you mature. Greens, turnips, liver, rutabaga, carrots, broccoli, brussel sprouts, tomatoes and others while you may hate them as kids you may actually like them as old age starts setting in. My dog even has a very finicky stomach and I don't persuade him to eat. I don't get concerned unless he goes for a day or two w/o eating.

More than likely you wouldn't have a can opener anyway.
    I would... I carry a P 38 on my key ring... Not the weapon... One larger than a P 38 was a John Wayne... Some will know what I mean and others will GOOGLE

john
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    Boiled Brussels Sprouts. Taste like some kind of skunked rubber.
    I have always liked cooked Brussel sprouts daughter wouldn't touch them nor the wife. When our daughter was ten years old I made Brussel sprouts salad [has bacon, chopped egg shredded cheese, ranch dressing] and put it on my plate in the kitchen along with the steak. When I went in for a lemonade refill she ate some of the salad off my plate. As I was filling my glass she put a BUNCH of the salad on her plate. I asked her why and she said it was good and finished the bowl of salad off. Now in the summertime we use the salad as the main course along with French bread, she always get a good portion.
    Sam

My mother made us fired baloney every Friday on rye bread with mustard.with macaroni My dad called it the poor mans Pastrami.I always ate it They never forced my sister and i to eat it we knew it was our supper eat or go hungry

9. Default

A cousin told me of a fellow in his school-in 1960-his parents forced him to eat something he said he didn't like, didn't taste right, etc. They spent years paying off the doctor's bill, the hospitalization, etc.

That could be anything. People have been poisoned lately by ice cream and lettuce. I mostly eat at home. I have been in fancy restaurants kitchens and it ain't pretty.