Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Default What was the worst stuff your parents made you eat?

Cooked spinach rates right there with beef liver. Only was I could eat either was with catchup!
    Sam

I was never forced to eat anything my parents provided me for a meal. I also never forced my two children to eat anything either that was placed in front of them. The food was placed in front of them and they ate or went a little hungry. Some of you will say that's cruel or that I'm just making this up, but that how it was.
    I am sure the TROLLS will have a field day on my comments.

So let it rip..
    So Mote It Be

john
    Last edited by JOHN COOK; 05-25-2018 at 02:15. Reason: add comment
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

3. Default

Never had anything forced down my throat. I am a firm believer in respecting one's palate. Some tastes can be acquired-and lost. In my youth I did not like sausage, I enjoyed Taylor's Ham and mayonnaise. Now I like sausage and Taylor's Ham and mayonnaise are no longer on my plate. One woman told her mother was constantly forcing cauliflower on her. Her mother would find all sorts of ways to mix it in with other things. And she'd spit it out.

I wouldn't say it was the worst, but my Grandfather always made me eat the potato peel -- because of An Gorta Mor, the Great Hunger in Ireland.

Boiled Brussels Sprouts. Taste like some kind of skunked rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    Boiled Brussels Sprouts. Taste like some kind of skunked rubber.
    If you want, I will post a good Brussels Sprouts salad that has cheese, bacon and chopped eggs. Let me know.
    Sam

Liver!!!!!! I simply do not eat innards.

leftyo Guest

canned pea's. hate them things. nasty tasting, and had to sit there until they were gone.

Dinner went on the plate and we had to eat everything on it. Our cousins in Europe didn't have it so good, or so I was told. I ate liver, spinach, brussel sprouts, cabbage, bleu cheese....long list and I liked it. I used to ask for hackenpater on pumpernickel with a bit of limburger. (got beer with that) Never acquired a taste for broccoli but I forced it down. Spare ribs...nobody ever cooked them right and we had to suck the bones dry and white. I used to call it plastic meat. Told them not to even think about putting fried calves brains on my plate.
    To this day I don't eat ribs. Given a choice between ribs or vegemite, I'll take the veggie on toast any day.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Rudabeka (sp). Hated that stuff.