Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ye gad's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went into the Lair to do some reloading and as I reached for one of my manuals I noticed something sticking out of it...A MOLTED SNAKE SKIN! I am afraid of few things, snakes are one of them! I have no problem with the "friendly" snakes in my garden however I draw the line @ copperheads and rattlers, this was a copperhead skin. Today I found several holes and placed moth balls into them and left a large open packet in the Lair. I do hope that whatever it was will cease and desist, just in case I have some .22 snake shot in a Colt pistol. Any suggestions? By the way, this is a new building with no holes or at least I thought.
    Sam

leftyo Guest

burn the place! lol or get a mongoose.

I got a snake in my house once. It was a corn (rat) snake which isn't poisonous but are about the worse to find tiny openings and get into your home or garage. I found the opening and fixed it--no problems since. The tip of the tail was sticking out from under the oven. My wife noticed it and told me there was a rat in the house. I slid a yard stick under the oven to get the rat out and that's when we discovered it was a 3' snake. My wife was watching and when the discovery was made she was watching while standing on the dining room table.

I realize we are talking about a snake and not a cockroach but would leaving the light on discourage snakes from entering?

You made a good first attempt with sealing the holes but according to this site mothballs don't work--I don't know.

http://www.wildlife-removal.com/snakemothballs.html

Moth balls are supposed to work on a few things, like mice in deer stands buildings. I never found they did! Work on moths tho, thats why they are called mothballs!
    You can never go home again.

Copperheads and rattlers are just as friendly as any other snake if you leave 'em alone. Friend of mine came face to face with a rattler when she was cleaning(a highly unusual event) behind the crapper.
    A molted skin doesn't bite. It's just the bag a snake came in.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    Copperheads and rattlers are just as friendly as any other snake if you leave 'em alone. Friend of mine came face to face with a rattler when she was cleaning(a highly unusual event) behind the crapper.
    A molted skin doesn't bite. It's just the bag a snake came in.
    Could you sleep well at night though knowing there was a poisonous snake somewhere in your house? The skin obviously meant the snake was there and may still be in the building. I have killed two 5'+ rattlesnakes that made no attempt to strike even while being shot at but others such as moccasins will come towards you just to bite and can bite under water even. My wife was bitten by one when she was little. Don't know about the temperment of copperheads but best not to trust any of them.
    Last edited by Allen; 05-23-2018 at 12:50.

7. Default

The moth balls won't work, you have to find all the holes and seal them. Seal any hole you find, snakes can squeeze through anything they can get their head through. They can follow mice, some might have moved into your new Lair. You'll see the droppings if they have. Closing the holes keeps them both out.

No mice, our three outside cats take care of this they even nail "Chip and Dale. When the building was delivered I stood inside and closed the doors looking for any openings and closed them up. Will have to look again and use my can of foam.
    Sam

9. Default

Adopt a cat. They don't like snakes.

Quote Originally Posted by mike9905 View Post
    Adopt a cat. They don't like snakes.
    Have 3 outside and two inside.
    Sam