Default 2nd Model Schofield

Recently found this early 2nd Model, excellent bore and great timing. Stock cartouche is faint. Just need to find one screw

schofield lft.JPG

Default early S&W revolvers

I knew a very old man (mid 80's at the time) who owned a machine shop. I used him to make
    small parts for guns and he did excellent work. The local gun shop bought a Colt Gatling gun
    (30-40 cal) from military boys school, it was missing a bolt. I told the gun shop owner about
    my friend who made gun parts and he took a bolt over to the machine shop. The old man made
    a perfect copy of the original Gatling gun bolt and charged $450.00.

As I became friends with the old man, he told me his father came from Germany in the early
    1870's and joined the US Cavalry, he was sent to Arizona and was wounded. He was discharged
    and lived with his son until he died in 1924. The old man had his father's issue Schofield but
    gave it to his brother. The brother sent it to S&W and had the barrel cut to five inches and
    refinished but the grips still had the cartouche. The brother had been reloading for it and had
    reloads with boxes dated 1931.

After they all died the local relatives got a collector to sell everything they had including the
    Schofield. I tried to buy the Schofield as I knew the history of the man who had it. No way,
    could not even get close and everything was gone as well as the history.

Many years later I bought this Uberti Russian copy in 44 Russian and really enjoy shooting it
    and very easy to reloadP1010021_0021.jpg
    Last edited by RCS; 05-16-2018 at 03:45.

nice revolvers. RCS do you use black powder in your uberti copy?

Default Uberti 44 Russian

I use Unique and either 240 or 250 gr bullets, nothing hot but nice loads. very easy
    cartridge to reload. I do most of my revolver shooting in indoor ranges and black
    powder is better outside

target shows a test load at 15 feetP1010007.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RCS View Post
    I use Unique and either 240 or 250 gr bullets, nothing hot but nice loads. very easy
    cartridge to reload. I do most of my revolver shooting in indoor ranges and black
    powder is better outside

target shows a test load at 15 feetP1010007.jpg

nice group.