Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1911's in the news

Here's the latest news on the CMP release on the 1911's. This isn't news for most of you but thought I'd pass it on.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-t...ol-sale-2018-5

People in Massachusetts cannot get any of them. It's the law in Mass. That sucks for sure. But when one sees that they have classified them as So So, Not so good and Almost junk, they may wind up saving a bunch of money. They have already Cherry picked the good ones for auction.

Just not worth the hassle. I have seen better condition pistols at gun shows, for little more! And the one shown in the pic is NOT the 'iconic' 1911 I know
    You can never go home again.

A M1911 that says "US Government Property"...who wouldn't like to have at least one? They'll sell.

It doesn't say anything about "U.S. Government Property".

This one was sold through the NRA/DCM in 1962 for $17.00

I have one just like it!
    Last edited by Bill D; 05-23-2018 at 07:36.
    "A generation which ignores history has no past and no future." - Jean Boden

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on."
    -- Robert Frost

Pictures?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    A M1911 that says "US Government Property"...who wouldn't like to have at least one? They'll sell.

I would be willing to wager that for the 8000 guns (lets just say none go to auction,,,yes,, I know that will not be the case) there will be 4x's if not more applications for them

as in ,
    FedEx, UPS, and USPS will make a killing delivering application packets for them

Blog Entries

I am glad to see the CMP pricing the 1911/1911A1 pistols at whatever the traffic will bear. Their mission is to raise money for promoting marksmanship, not to be a source of inexpensive firearms for collectors and shooters.

10. Default

They have certainly avoided that.