1. Default The CMP Philippine Returns (VIDEO)

Love the ventilated front handguard idea!

Don't love the fact that they had to spend over $100/rifle for termite/asbestos abatement. We can guess who eats that.

CMP will sell then cheap, like current value, or current retail. So they will be a bargain at 1000-1400, line up guys don't want to miss those!
    You can never go home again.

termites $1m, asbestos $1.5M, chartering an entire (empty otherwise) ship $3.2M, total $5.7M for 86000 rifles is $66 for each. Condition not looking great (bores probably poor) but good that they came back. At minute 8 the photo displayed shows what looks like BAR magazines on the table, no mention made of anything other than the M1 rifles coming back. Probably lots of interesting other items are in Philippine arsenals. For some reason this video does not show up on my PC, only on the phone.

5. Default

I think the mags are for the M14 next to them.

Wonder if/when the carbines will return or any ammo?
    Sam

Sage, California....where the pavement ends and The West begins

Any word on when they will be releasing these for sale?

Looking at the condition of many of them (perhaps half of the 86,000+ rifles?), I bet that when they do become available the demand and price for original parts (especially perishable/termite eatable/jungle rottable stuff like the wood, and decent shootable original barrels) is going to go way up, and the remaining supply of good usable stuff out there on the secondary market will go way down.

If anybody wants to hedge their bets right now and pick up some very decent and nice looking "shooter grade" original U.S. military M1 Garand - and M1/M2 carbine - stock sets, look no further because I just happen to have a few up for sale: http://www.jouster2.com/forums/showt...612#post534612
    Last edited by Marcus; 08-07-2018 at 10:53.

The crusty rusty rifles will have bores that look the same IMHO. But probably worth $100, for parts, no more than that.

Sage, California....where the pavement ends and The West begins

Oh, no, they would be worth way more than that, even for parts. Just a salvagable receiver will bring more than that.