Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poachers

Default Poachers

Out today with the wife hunting for & spraying garlic mustard on the part of our property that we haven't brought under fire management. Labor of love with me lugging a backpack sprayer through the thorns and briars.

We came across a large headless deer carcass, taken last fall/winter, judging by the look and smell of it. A fair guess would be that it was taken out of season, wounded on the public lands next door and then tracked on to our property. By no means the first carcass we've seen around here from an out-of-season hunt.

In the old days, when the king was the government, poaching on the king's land could be punished by death. We're kinder and gentler now, but I see nothing wrong with poachers losing their firearms permissions in an administrative action. Maybe even for life. Losing hunting licenses obviously doesn't matter to them, but maybe risking gun access will make them think twice, if the prospect for being caught a second time is a trip to prison. Of course the bleeding hearts at the NRA will claim this is far to severe a sanction, and yes it would never happen. But I spend a lot of time year round on that public land, and there isn't a trail sign on it that hasn't been used for target practice. Say what you will about the tree-huggers, but they seem to wear less on the public lands.

leftyo Guest

poachers should be hung out to dry. 10yrs hard labor first offense. they steal from all of us!

Some states crack down hard on poachers when caught. Aside from fines and possible jail time, the DNR can confiscate anything used when the offense was committed. Loss of guns and equipment as well as their vehicle.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Sheesh, I guess I'll have to switch to scambled.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Default

People that poach would not give shiet about gun rights . Here in Va. There are lots of laws and forfeiture penalties and the poachers just keep on doing it . Most of the people around here that are involved in slaying deer are either head hunting , bragging rights for the most deer , and some cut the back straps out and leave the rest .
    Yeah it is sickening , especially when hear of jackasses lung shooting deer with a 22 LR and at ridiculous ranges .
    That's a hell of a suffering a person I'd throwing on a critter and to just walk off and not give a shiet .
    Some of my neighbors are in this crowd , don't work , do dope all the time , up all hours of the night , and don't have any ethics about animals .
    Kenneth

Probably right that the lowlifes don't care about any laws. I've thought about putting some trail cams in. There's a spot out front where the road is hidden on both sides, and people have dumped stuff in there like TVs. Stuff that isn't accepted at the Town dump.

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    Out today with the wife hunting for & spraying garlic mustard on the part of our property that we haven't brought under fire management. Labor of love with me lugging a backpack sprayer through the thorns and briars.

We came across a large headless deer carcass, taken last fall/winter, judging by the look and smell of it. A fair guess would be that it was taken out of season, wounded on the public lands next door and then tracked on to our property. By no means the first carcass we've seen around here from an out-of-season hunt.

In the old days, when the king was the government, poaching on the king's land could be punished by death. We're kinder and gentler now, but I see nothing wrong with poachers losing their firearms permissions in an administrative action. Maybe even for life. Losing hunting licenses obviously doesn't matter to them, but maybe risking gun access will make them think twice, if the prospect for being caught a second time is a trip to prison. Of course the bleeding hearts at the NRA will claim this is far to severe a sanction, and yes it would never happen. But I spend a lot of time year round on that public land, and there isn't a trail sign on it that hasn't been used for target practice. Say what you will about the tree-huggers, but they seem to wear less on the public lands.
    A citation would be appropriate here regarding your claim of NRA support of criminals using firearms in the commission of any crime. It is my understanding that the NRA vigorously supports game management and strict enforcement of game laws and has for over the last 135+ years. If you could provide me with such I would be happy to defer my judgement of your claim as that of a troll or an imbecile.

Did you find the Bud Lite cans to go along with most stupidity I see in the wild. Found an elk shot and left. It was drinking from the spring and it's dead body didn't help the water purity any. I didn't get it. Then I went back a week later and the rack was very neatly removed from the scull. They knew exactly how to do it for taxidermy purposes.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

If headless probably headhunters, the worst...We have to deal with road hunters here.

Nobody is saying NRA is pro poaching Doug but I doubt they feel as strongly as I do about hammering the bastards where it hurts when I find a carcass on my property. Go back and re-read the post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by p246 View Post
    If headless probably headhunters, the worst...We have to deal with road hunters here.
    Big carcass.