Thread: stevespages.com

Default stevespages.com

Seems stevespages.com is down. 403 or 404 errors.
    Spelling and grammar count!

From stevespages.com:

Stevepages has been under a siege from Iran, attempts in trying to download all of StevesPages. For several reasons due to this, I have taken much of StevesPages offline.

1st, I don't want a militant, hostile to us country/group using StevesPages as a possible resource to repair/restore some old Soviet weapons they may have found

2nd, since I also have lots of training manuals, I don't want them getting that either. Nothing that could be used against our guys with boots on the ground or against any allies we have.

So I have implemented several changes. The first things I did to stop the unwanted traffic were things I won't go into. I have also spent almost 20 hours now building firewall "zones" that reach worldwide. Here in the US (mostly) I have also seen massive traffic for sometime that I don't believe was part of this, but kids trying to download the whole site just so they could show their friends "Look at all this cool information I got... I can even fix an Abrams tank track now". Youngsters don't consider that to support the bandwidth required to host StevesPages costs me money!

I have not yet decided what approach to this I want to make on a permanent basis as much of this downtime has been putting out the fire and I am just now getting to start thinking about long term security for the previously mentioned reasons. Training manuals may disappear permanently, the site may go to a membership basis allowing me to verify users, or...

Please write me with any suggestions of opines on this issue and I will weigh all comments.

Many thanks, Chris

Well, that'd do it. Mind you, it's not the only site with manuals assorted. Biggerhammer has had a provided UN & PW for years.
    Spelling and grammar count!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    Well, that'd do it. Mind you, it's not the only site with manuals assorted. Biggerhammer has had a provided UN & PW for years.
    While it's true that he has "some" manuals he has nowhere near what StevesPages does an most of what he has he took directly from Steve when he was still alive. At one time, biggerhammer (maybe still) had a copy of his original source, complete with all the photos of Steve. So this weeny is one of the very people that Steve used to be mad about for downloading the whole site or attempting to, and understandably. BH directly cost Steve money above and beyond what his hosting package cost.

Just for clarification, perhaps you shouldn't praise ripoffs like this BH guy.

- - - Updated - - -

BiggerHammer. A thief with no common decency. Look closely at the URL below and you will see what this clown is doing. Can't even rename the directory.

http://www.biggerhammer.net/manuals/...pages.com/pdf/ though he has now broken the link in an attempt to "somewhat" hide his deeds. Sure this is the guy you what to heap praise upon?
    Last edited by chrishayes; 07-30-2021 at 07:01.