Default My wish for you...

Now that my cancer is in remission I want those here to get checked out, don't wait for it to hit you. I had no inkling I was so sick until it took the wind out of my sails. I was always healthy, rarely sick and racked up sick leave. The joke at the clinic was that any germ that bit me deserved what it gets! I was one of the lucky ones to have Stage 4 of Colon-Rectal and Liver cancer and survive. My surgeon in Columbus, Ohio was astonished that the cancer did not progress to other parts. God granted me another chance and I am going to fulfil the grant to the extreme.
    Make a date with your Doctor for at least the blood test, send a check to the American Cancer Society or your local cancer center. Don't go thru what I had to endure for the last 18 months, if you think you have had it tough before cancer treatment is tougher...take care of yourself PLEASE! If you want to quit smoking, PM me and I can help you with a plan that works and you do not have to buy anything. I used it with my clients and those that used it got off of tobacco without a lot of struggle.
    Sam

Congratulations! Extremely glad to read of your excellent outcome. Stage four cancer of any type anywhere at all is for sure a real threat. You have truly been blessed to survive as most folks in your situation would not have made it. You are most fortunate.

Monday a week ago went in for a colonoscopy. Been putting it off for years. Doctor found and removed 3 polyps which he said in no way showed any sign of problems. He sent them off for testing but said there was no reason to expect any problems. He did say to eat more vegetables, etc. and to come back in five years. Cool! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

Glad you made it.
    I quit smoking after 45 years, just did it cold turkey.
    I've been tobacco free since 1997
    I did have to have a triple bypass last year and they told me it was from smoking and it didn't matter that I quit 20 years ago?
    I asked them "well, if it didn't matter, should I start again?"
    got the deer in the headlights look!
    MORONS.
    It helped, they just don't want to admit it

Quit smoking in 2002. the day of my heart attack. Doctor had me get a lung scan last November, because I was a prior smoker. Sure enough, there was 'something" there. Got a biopsy done just before Christmas. came back positive. Had the upper lobe of my right lung removed on January 17, spent 8 days in intensive care, another 3 in regular care. I was fortunate.....so far, it has not spread, and was stage one. Testing every 3-4 months for the next few years, but glad to do it. My doctor got a well deserved "man hug" for sending me for the scan. They told me that the cancer would not have shown on a regular xray for at least 3 years, and would have been a stage 3 or 4. So as Mr. Boggs stated....get checked.

Quit smoking in 1969. Wife was a Xray tech and was on call quite often. I was in law enforcement and made a lot of calls to the hospital on weekends to investigate cutting, shootings and altercations. One trip I made to collect bullets from a deceased subject and watched the pathologist search for and remove the slugs. I noticed the lungs were not pink,as I thought, but were a slight grey color. I asked why they were dark looking and the Dr. took a scalpel and sort of scraped on the lung and this grey looking mucus curled up on the blade. What is that I asked, and I was told that the deceased was a smoker and the grey crud was nicotine and other residue.
    I quit that night. Had double by-pass in 1999 and still going strong.

john
    Last edited by JOHN COOK; 04-30-2018 at 04:16.
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)