Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dick's Sporting Goods

Still living up to it's name.

THE place to go for all your golf balls, tennis balls and sports underwear needs.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/17...-shooting.html

Shouldn't this have read "goof balls" instead. If this is a publically traded stock and I owned any I would sell due to one thing. The management chose to destroy returnable stock to make a negligible political statement that will soon be forgotten. Profit was taken from the stockholder for what, a foolish decision and this is how this should be looked at.
    Sam

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Still living up to it's name.
    What's its name should be: ATHLETIC Goods. Better yet: Yuppie Goods.

But destroying those guns is a GOOD thing--it means the manufacturers can make more of them, rather than take back old stock!

Simple dem posturing.

leftyo Guest

all they've done is throw away money, and cost themselves customers. think ive been in one two times, wasnt impressed, so no big loss as far as a retailer goes.

6. Default

On my Boycott List. The LGSs meet all my needs.

why do they even have their field and stream division? oh ya will be just stream soon

I went into one once. All polyester running shorts and sneakers. Thousands of sneakers. Oops, I mean running shoes.
    Last edited by dryheat; 04-17-2018 at 04:25.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

A couple of weeks ago I went to a Dick's store in Dupage County IL to check out 10/22's. They were on sale below $200. No jacked up Cook/Chicago consumer sales taxes and no Cook County "violence taxes" on arms and ammunition. ($25 per firearm and 15c per round on ammunition). The employees were the gun savvy types, so the policy comes strictly from Dick's corporate so far as I can tell. They took another 20% off if I signed up for a Dick's credit card. That OTD price was hard to beat so I took it.

The bad: Don't take the extra money off by putting it all on the point of sale CC. Their APR is 29%! Talk about juice loans.... Shredded the CC as soon as it arrived.
    Also, do not give them a primary e-mail address. In spite of what they might tell you, your inbox will get clogged with tons of Dick's sales spam. Use a junk account address.

As already mentioned, corporate PC posturing is costing them. Not us or the gunmakers. Would any of us here actually go to a Dick's store when in the market for another AR-type rifle? Who are they alienating money-wise? Looking at it from a bean counter's perspective, it's cheap advertising to announce their destruction opposed to standing tall against a boycott from their main preppie consumer base. It's all marketing strategy and write-offs.
    I'm not condoning their actions. I just don't see it as being anything major in the grand scheme of things. It's simply an inventory shift until things cool down again.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by clintonhater View Post
    What's its name should be: ATHLETIC Goods. Better yet: Yuppie Goods.

But destroying those guns is a GOOD thing--it means the manufacturers can make more of them, rather than take back old stock!
    Nope. It's name should be "Dicks R Us."