Default chamber insert for 303 cal rifles

I bought a chamber insert a few years ago to fire 32 ACP and 32 S&W short in a few of my
    Lee Enfield rifles. It works out well at pistol ranges or in basements with proper bullet traps

Also posted on the Model 1903 Springfield forum about shooting chamber insertsP1010019.jpgP1010021.jpgP1010024.jpg

N.E. New Jersey, west of the 'gorllia' building.

I bought a couple of Enfield made .303 / 22 LR adapters on line a few years back. Never tried them out. They are marked "EFD" broad arrow.

P4100145.jpg

Tom,

I have seen these before, I have one for the 223 chamber which kind of works out better even though the
    bore is a little larger.

Best you slug your barrel. Not all Lee-Enfields are .311" diameter barrels.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Sunray, those inserts that Tom in NJ pictured fire 22 rim fire bullets down the 303 cal barrel. There looks to be about 2 1/2 inches of
    a 22 cal bore in each insert. Not accurate except at very close range

Back when MCA was selling "glue in" inserts using Loctite, a few friends tried them out. For the sake of less hassle I opted to load .32 bullets in 303 cases with a powder puff charge behind it.
    When out of heeled bullets for the 310 Cadet, I used .32 LHBWC and 32 S&W Long data. I've even used light round ball loadings in the Martini Henry. All three are OK out to 40-50 yards.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**