Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default What happens if your firearms are seized

Right now 5 states have "Red Flag" gun seizure processes; CA, OR, WA, Conn, and Indiana.

If you live in CA:

https://www.gunlaw.com/when-guns-are-seized/

2. Default

A full bore attack on property rights, no ? What else can they seize ?

If given a notice my guns would become my relatives guns in separate houses. If they just storm in as in breaking and entering they would be met with lead like anyone else. If I have committed some kind of crime involving a gun then the gun is the least of my worries.
    Last edited by Allen; 04-03-2018 at 04:03.

"...attack on property rights..." No such thing. You have the Constitutional right to possess firearms, but not property. The Fifth Amendment protects against arbitrary confiscation of property, but you have no Constitutional right to possess property.
    Otherwise, it'll depend on where you are. Up here, cops are known for destroying firearms that are taken either as evidence or whatever other reason. Sometimes before a court case has been heard and without any court order.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Right to possess or bear arms? Subtle difference in the meaning.

6. Default

In his Message to Congress urging passage of the Ku-Klux Acts, President Grant noted that among the Klan's many crimes was:
    "They have conspired to deny Negro citizens the right to own and bear arms."

What happens if your firearms are seized
    Well , I guess you wouldn't have them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sako View Post
    What happens if your firearms are seized
    Well , I guess you wouldn't have them anymore.

This thread should read "What happens if YOU ALLOW your firearms to be seized"? Then you get what you deserve. Remember, it is not the Constitution that allows you to have firearms. The second amendment acknowledges the God given right for you to do have them. If you choose to give them up in the face of government force, I guess that is your business.
    Last edited by Dolt; 04-10-2018 at 09:42. Reason: spelling
    Read, think, UNDERSTAND, comment

Quote Originally Posted by Dolt View Post
    This thread should read "What happens if YOU ALLOW your firearms to be seized"? Then you get what you deserve. Remember, it is not the Constitution that allows you to have firearms. The second amendment acknowledges the God given right for you to do have them. If you choose to give them up in the face of government force, I guess that is your business.
    Hello!!! And just how do you propose to disallow them to seize your firearms??? Suicide by cop is not going to save either you or your favorite squirrel gun. How many LEO's do you think you can kill and still keep your guns? "From my cold, dead fingers," is a nice slogan and sounds great until you realize those fingers are your own.

You can be sure that the police will carefully wipe them down before placing them gently in their respective cases taking great care not to scratch or damage them. Once they get to the place of storage, you can be sure it is a climate controlled space, and that they will be secured and carefully stored to avoid any scratches or damage..

If you believe that, I'll bet you also believe in Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny..
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!