Default Peters belted bullet introduced 1934

I have some different 30-06 cartridges, some military and some commercial. I noted
    this Peters 30-06 hunting cartridge and was able to do some research.

In 1934, peters introduced a band swaged around the bullet jacket to control expansion,
    the 30-06 bullet was 225 grs. This headstamp shown in my photos onlt lasted from 1934
    to 1937. The Peters belted bullet lasted thru WW2, it was also used in other calibers toodscn2622.jpgdscn2623.jpgdscn2624.jpgdscn2630.jpg

Impressive. Got to wonder just how that heavy a bullet with that heavy of a jacket would work at .30-06 velocities given that the target for such a weight bullet would have to be large and heavy. Maybe it was good for breaking bone ... penetrating? Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    Impressive. Got to wonder just how that heavy a bullet with that heavy of a jacket would work at .30-06 velocities given that the target for such a weight bullet would have to be large and heavy. Maybe it was good for breaking bone ... penetrating? Sincerely. bruce.
    My grandfather used them in his '06 for black bear with good results.