Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 67 326 Firebird

1. Default

I really love speed, but can respect what it can do if not handled correctly or it gets out of control, 40+ years of Fire & rescue has shown me some tragic accidents. With the availability of 200 mph cars and bikes out of a showroom, there are many accidents due to misuse. My concept is not how fast you go , but how fast it will go. It is all about bragging rights. For my 65 th birthday I purchased a 412 HP 5.0 Mustang 6 speed, nice car, faster than my '67 390 FB, my '65 289/271 FB, my '95 Vette and a number of other toys I have owned. The only vehicle I have owned that is faster is the '84 RX7 conversion mentioned above. But it sure rides and and handled nice. Would love to have a worked over Coyote 5.0 in a '65 Mustang FB with a worked over suspension, maybe sometine before I leave this planet

Red face

My first car was a 67 factory 4 speed 400 FireBird hardtop , one of 3000 made that year in that configuration. Sold the car in 1982 to pay off the hospital when my first son was born. My kids purchased the car and gave it back to me for my 58th birthday last year.
    I am going to do a full restoration on it even though doing such is a poor investment. The fella that I sold it to put in a positrack differential and a 428 Pontiac engine. It will break the tires loose in three gears and it is real easy to get out of shape. Actually kind of hard not to unless I put more tire on it.
    I wouldn't give it a high rating for handling in the curves, handled as good as any at high speed on the straight away.
    The car ran good with the original 400cid and was really something to own when I was 16 in 1974. Man those were some fun times.
    Earned the money to buy the car by swathing hay as a kid, it was already a high mileage car when I first bought it.

3. Default

Don't be to hasty in getting rid of the 428 or the differential. Modified stock looking cars have been appreciating in price recently and have gained a lot of following at the auctions.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

some guy at Ft Cartoon (Carson) CO had a 67 Firebird with the OHC 6.
    It would beat my 61 chevy impala bubbletop witha 283-2V and a "glide"
    Wish I still had that car, they are worth 50 K now even with "just a 283 and a PG"

Quote Originally Posted by Former Cav View Post
    some guy at Ft Cartoon (Carson) CO had a 67 Firebird with the OHC 6.
    It would beat my 61 chevy impala bubbletop witha 283-2V and a "glide"
    Wish I still had that car, they are worth 50 K now even with "just a 283 and a PG"
    Always liked that year, even back then, and they seemed to be scarce back then too. They were more desirable with the 348 and 409 engines which were unique. The '58's-'61's had more style I think. Couldn't stand the cigar box '64 Chevy's though.

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Always liked that year, even back then, and they seemed to be scarce back then too. They were more desirable with the 348 and 409 engines which were unique. The '58's-'61's had more style I think. Couldn't stand the cigar box '64 Chevy's though.
    imo the 58 Impala is probably the coolest old chevy.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

imo the 58 Impala is probably the coolest old chevy.
    Almost like they took a que from the 57 Cadillac.
    Some guys will say the 57 Impala was the best.... Probably more of them on the street today then were produced and they are all RED with a 283 FI !!
    I like the 55, 56, and 61 Bubble top the best. I didn't like the teardrop taillights of the 59. The 60 was better. 61 GREAT (bubble top not slab top), the 62 bubble top looked funny with the box lower body like on the 62, 3, 4. 65 was another good year. After that... PFFFT

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Former Cav View Post
    Almost like they took a que from the 57 Cadillac.
    Some guys will say the 57 Impala was the best.... Probably more of them on the street today then were produced and they are all RED with a 283 FI !!
    I like the 55, 56, and 61 Bubble top the best. I didn't like the teardrop taillights of the 59. The 60 was better. 61 GREAT (bubble top not slab top), the 62 bubble top looked funny with the box lower body like on the 62, 3, 4. 65 was another good year. After that... PFFFT
    only there was no 57 Impala.

Quote Originally Posted by leftyo View Post
    only there was no 57 Impala.
    10-4. '57 was a Bel Air. '58 was the first year for the Impala.

10. Default

It seems like all on this thread are car guys, Many of you might not know that you can watch the barrett jackson sales by signing up at their web site then logging in when the sale is on. No talking heads and no commercials, just the auction feed. I read that as a condition for the cable companies to broadcast their sale, they retain the right for people to access it on the internet. I do not have cable and it works great for me,