Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I knew this was an accident waiting to happen.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/26/tech...ars/index.html

They will have the bugs worked out eventually, but I still think its a goofy idea. She was walking across in the middle of the block in the dark. She might have gotten hit by a "regular' car but still...
    Last edited by dryheat; 03-27-2018 at 10:28.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Merely collateral damage in pursuit of the greater good. No need to worry. *pffft*
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

The Uber mobile's sensors failed to see her in the middle of the block, in the dark. A human mostly likely would have noticed the movement.
    Spelling and grammar count!

I am constantly amazed with the people who walk around the roads in the dark in dark clothing, throw in a bit of rain and they are puttng their lives at risk.

KTK

Quote Originally Posted by Ken The Kanuck View Post
    I am constantly amazed with the people who walk around the roads in the dark in dark clothing, throw in a bit of rain and they are puttng their lives at risk.

KTK
    Watch a student walking and talking and there is an accident waiting to happen. I have had them walk out right in front of me, not bothering to look in any direction oblivious to their AO.
    Sam

Nevertheless, the car should have detected her. The failure to do so tells us there's a flaw in the system.

7. Default

One less bicycle asshole to dodge.

They will work great when the car and everything outside the car uses the same guidance system.

Watch the video fron the car on the news. The person in the car WAKES up a second before it hits her. The facial expression is priceless.

I've seen twice mentioned that she was homeless(note the plastic bag on the handlebars). A case of, worth more dead than alive. A wop-bop-a-loo-wop lawsuit. The creepy relatives will show up now.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.