Default Lyman 439 Field scope ID

I found a Lyman scope in a box labeled "Lyman 439 Field". I can't find anything online other than a Lyman 438 Field. The one in the box has two non adjustable mounts but I didn't know to look for a model number on the scope itself and its 100 miles from home. Everything I find has the "Lyman 438 Field" scope with an adjustable rear mount or an optional micrometer "click" mount.
    Can anyone verify that there is actually a Lyman 439?

Thanks,Don

I have Lyman's book "Lyman Centennial Journal 1878-1978"which has all the Lyman scopes up to 1978 listed and pictured.

I can only find the Lyman 438 scope nothing is listed as 439

Thanks for the information it helps a lot. I can purchase the scope for around $175 before negotiation but I'm just sure of value without the adjustable rear mount.

Don

Default Lyman 438

I once bought a nice Stevens 416 target rifle just to get the Lyman 438 scope. I know that that sometime during
    WW2, Lyman used a cheap (almost want to say white metal) metal for the rear mount which often cracked
    or broke. Almost impossible to repair. It happen to my mount and I found a Unertl rear mount in a box at
    a gun show years ago, it worked out nice.

Photo shows the 438 with Unertl rear mount on Remington that I converted to 22 RF and restockedP1010035_0035_035.jpg
    Last edited by RCS; 03-27-2018 at 07:15.

Nice work on that rifle. Thanks again for the information.