Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Elvis is as country as I get. I think if he were still around he would be a Conservative. He loved the South and he loved his guns.

All of Hollywood and the other assorted hangers on will jump on any band wagon. The issue is they all think their opinion as celebrities, matters. The sad part is the stupid people agree with 'em.
    The AR-15 is not a service rifle. Never has been. Never will be. Service rifles are select fire. Sporting rifles are not.
    Spelling and grammar count!

leftyo Guest

Jamey Johnson is good old school country, and a staunch supporter of the 2nd.

I quite country music at Taylor Swift.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    I quite country music at Taylor Swift.
    aint nothin' country about that dingbat.

Nope, she sure as heck isn't country, but our big stations here were actually playing her nonsensical stuff for a while. Actually, I kind of was easing out quite a bit before that. Clint Black, Patty Loveless, Vince Gill were probably that last ones I liked. Garth Brooks is smart and very rich, and it seems like Hollywood they have to start backing liberal stuff. I'm sure there's plenty of "country" artists who are gay and would love to march in the parade but know they aren't rich or famous enough to kill there careers yet.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    Nope, she sure as heck isn't country, but our big stations here were actually playing her nonsensical stuff for a while. Actually, I kind of was easing out quite a bit before that. Clint Black, Patty Loveless, Vince Gill were probably that last ones I liked. Garth Brooks is smart and very rich, and it seems like Hollywood they have to start backing liberal stuff. I'm sure there's plenty of "country" artists who are gay and would love to march in the parade but know they aren't rich or famous enough to kill there careers yet.
    i finally had to change the station on my garage radio. when i had to keep looking over and wonder who the heck keeps changing my radio to rap. the new stuff they play on the radio sucks.

8. Default

Haven't listened to so called FM country music stations in years. Have Sirius radio in shop, house and truck, primarily keep it tuned to Willie's Roadhouse where we receive a daily dose of the likes of Hank Williams Sr., Webb Pierce, Porter Wagoner, Ernest Tubb, Moe Bandy, Roy Acuff, Jean Sheppard, Loretta Lynn, Conway Twitty, Connie Smith and many others.

This song written by Larry Cordle and Larry Shell says it all.

Performed by George Straight and Alan Jackson "Murder on Music Row"

Back story of the song and performed by Larry Cordle.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=807Kfum44hk

leftyo Guest

https://youtu.be/EYGwxf1gCC4 like i said, Jamey has a bunch of good stuff, but not much of it gets any air play. sadly!

10. Default

I hear Jamey Johnson on Willie's Roadhouse everyday, mostly on Dallas Wayne's Show in the afternoon.