Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Security Cameras

Anyone using them at your home, pros-cons.
    Sam

I have a 4 camera set-up from Swann. Can add 4 more. I like it. captures video if it detects change in picture. It will send a pic to email if you want. And I can check them on my phone, computer or ipad.

I have 3 smartcam’s - Samsung - got them from costco. They are higher resolution than “prepackaged set” but ran about $79 each. They allow you to monitor on the web (don’t worry about pc or recorder being stolen) and they text me when they detect sound or motion. If I get a text I log in from my phone and check on them. They also have speaker if I wanted to communicate with anyone.

I’m real happy with them. Plus easy to setup for non techie

Steve

Security cameras present you with a home video of your home invasion. Something you can keep and play again. They've been around for twenty years and don't seem to have prevented much crime. Now if you had a lazer tracked Ruger .22 that fired on command...
    I have to think of everything.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

Now if you had a lazer tracked Ruger .22 that fired on command...
    I have to think of everything.
    I take it you said that in jest. BUt in case you didn't, you would probably be prosecuted. Wouldn't this be like have the so called "trap" set up.
    I vaguely remember some Iowa farmer who was burglarized numerous times and set up a shot gun and the burglar lost a leg and ended up OWNING everything that farmer worked for his whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    Security cameras present you with a home video of your home invasion. Something you can keep and play again. They've been around for twenty years and don't seem to have prevented much crime. .
    Not anymore. I have camera pointed at safe - someone walks near them I get a text - I login and look - if bad guy I can call 911 while they are trying to figure out how to get in.

(Luckily theory so far)

Steve

7. Default

Cameras are great for knowing who the SOB is , but it is were the law gets stupid , who'd a thought , huh ? If you don't have signs up saying properity is under video surviellence , it ain't worth squat in court .
    Local guy had people stopping in front of his properity shooting deer . So , he set up camera's . The dickheads came around again and shot a deer , properity owner called game warden right away . Game warden happened to be in the area and arrived quick . They had video with shot , loading of deer , and license plate .
    Game warden went straight to address that came back on the tags and there they were , hanging the deer in the garage to skin . Confiscated gun , deer , and truck , went to court , all was dropped and returned because of properity not being posted that it was under video surviellence . But Steves scenario might pan out differently , maybe .
    Kenneth
    Last edited by aintright; 03-17-2018 at 11:54.

Cameras are great for knowing who the SOB is , but it is were the law gets stupid , who'd a thought , huh ? If you don't have signs up saying properity is under video surviellence , it ain't worth squat in court .
    Just curious. What state did this scenario occur ???

john
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

Have been using cameras since the old vidicon days. Other than being ugly, the warning signs are very important. This one is out my front door next to my shooting range.

Semper Fi
    Art

10. Default

John , it was in Page county Virginia , I was in the court room that morning when the case came up , smiled to myself as it began and thought this is a slam dunk for the prosecution . The judge pulled the ruling without a lawyer prompting it on top of it . There was some low toned talk between the judge and poachers , then he ruled dismissed .
    The game warden along with the properity owner was disgruntled , but as you know , it was in vain .
    Kenneth