Default Model 1905 bayonet

This model 1905 bayonet is dated 1913, also shown with an original ramP1010031_0026.jpgP1010032_0027.jpgP1010033_0028.jpgdscn2557.jpg rod
    bayonet

Great bayonets! Can see why the rod bayonet was not such a hot idea. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

"...why the rod bayonet was not..." Same reason as the spike for the No. 4 Lee-Enfield. No good for cutting wood or opening cans.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Sweet bayonet. How did you come to own it?

My 1905 bayonet came from a dealer (around the late 1980's) that bought surplus on auction from
    Rock Island, they would bid so much a pound on containers. One container had some early SA and
    Rock Island bayonets. Wish I would have bought a Rock Island too. A lot of early 1903 stocks in
    nice condition some with USN markings

Wow the good old days.

I have this bright RIA from 1907. Bought it off EBay over 10 years ago. At some point the grips were sanded down. If I recall, RtL has a similar one in a nearby serial number. The scabbard is reworked with the wire hanger from a M1910. Years ago on the old site I was lucky enough to get Gary Cunningham to speculate on this scabbard. He said it was mostly likely reworked at the depot level in the interwar years when nothing went to waste.

They didn't stop with the grips, and took the finish off the bayonet too.