Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default C&R Forum Question

I was wanting to ask any C&R Holders, I'm just about to be ready to send in my forms that would just be 3 Forms having to be sent to FFL Collectors of Curios and Relics, correct. Under Box 14 is has " Name of Chief Law Enforcement Officer" well 3 weeks to a Month ago he Passed Away from a Motorcycle Accident where a 16 year old fell asleep at the wheel and hit him. God Bless them Both. Would this Form have to wait or can you use the Interim. I myself think that the Interim wouldn't want to bother signing these forms. The second set which say " Copy 2- CLEO That's for our DEPT! Correct. Thank You

Who ever is acting Chief has the ability to sign the forums for you. If not a local Police Chief then the local Sheriff can also sign for you. You also give them the copy of your application too. Then mail it in to the ATF with the $30 and wait 3 to 6 months and then receive your C&R.

leftyo Guest

the interim chief of police is going to be fine, if it really concerns you use the sheriff.

4. Default

Thanks for the info guys

San Clemente, Ca Within earshot of the sound of freedom from Camp Pendleton

I've had a C&R License for more than 20 years. I don't recall anything on the application needing a signature from the local police agency. You do have to give a copy of the application to the local police agency, which I deliver to Sheriff's office. (They usually ask "what do we do with this?" I reply, "whatever you want, I just have to note on the application that I delivered it".
    Dean (the other one)
    OFC-Orange Co. Ca Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Deano41 View Post
    . . . . . You do have to give a copy of the application to the local police agency, which I deliver to Sheriff's office. (They usually ask "what do we do with this?" . . . . . ..
    Don’t ‘cha just love it? . . . . . .

I had a similar reply right here in Ct. at my local police dept.

For decades, Ct. has required one to give a copy of the state form, DPS-3-C, to the “local police authority where the purchaser resides”, when making a firearm transfer.

I made a special trip to my local police headquarters to deliver this, handed it through the window to a uniformed officer, who said the very same thing!

Seems like some local LEOs will either make up a “law” on the spot, reflecting THEIR point of view, or, are blissfully IGNORANT of the actual laws they are sworn to uphold!

leftyo Guest

the police chief or sherrif does not need to sign it, but you do have to put their name on the form.

I have the C&R forms (12 pages) and see none of the above info on the forms.

Unless they have changed the forms in the past two years, the requirement to drop off a copy of your application to the local Police Chief is on the instructions. They can do what ever they want with the copy including a circular file deposit but you are supposed to deliver it to them. Drop it off at the front desk with the Chiefs name on it. That is all you have to do.

10. Default

I have just mailed them a copy for the last 30 years and have no idea what they do with them.