Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I drive a POS car, no one wants to steal it, heck haven’t even lost the loose change in the cup holder. If you run a lock box, conceal it well. The turds where I work would see it, break the window and pry it out. Take the whole thing. Spend two days trying to pry it open, when they couldn’t would throw the hole thing in the river.

2. Default

I used to carry a Browning Hi-Power. On the rare occasion when I had to leave it in the car, I'd take the slide off and put that in the glove compartment and put the frame under the seat and put the slide stop in my pocket. My thinking was that if my car was broken into or stolen, the pistol wouldn't be readily usable. I'd still worry about it anyway.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

I'd take the slide off and put that in the glove compartment and put the frame under the seat and put the slide stop in my pocket. My thinking was that if my car was broken into or stolen, the pistol wouldn't be readily usable. I'd still worry about it anyway.
    I did something similar when passing through Chicago. That way they couldn't say I had a gun. I only had "parts"
    thankfully, I never got stopped or had an accident or a need for any emergency type services!
    I won't even pass through the corner of CA, NY, or IL anymore. Screw em.

Quote Originally Posted by p246 View Post
    I drive a POS car, no one wants to steal it, heck haven’t even lost the loose change in the cup holder. If you run a lock box, conceal it well. The turds where I work would see it, break the window and pry it out. Take the whole thing. Spend two days trying to pry it open, when they couldn’t would throw the hole thing in the river.
    Just drive a car that's already stolen and carry a stolen gun. If you're ripped off then no sweat and the heat is on them now and off of you. A win win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Cav View Post
    I did something similar when passing through Chicago. That way they couldn't say I had a gun. I only had "parts"
    thankfully, I never got stopped or had an accident or a need for any emergency type services!
    I won't even pass through the corner of CA, NY, or IL anymore. Screw em.
    You're lucky you didn't get stopped. Gun parts and ammunition components were considered firearms by Chicago. Outside a locked case away from the drivers compartment you were technically transporting illegally through the city. Something as minor as a spent 9mm case on the floor could have done the trick. And you guys thought Chicago banned handguns alone?
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

6. Default

I don't drive through Chicago with any type of firearms. I shoot the Midwest Palma match every June in Wisconsin and then go visit my daughter and son in law in NW Ohio. I go south through Iowa and catch I80 east to avoid the Chicago tolls and gun laws. Just don't want the hassle and risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Just drive a car that's already stolen and carry a stolen gun. If you're ripped off then no sweat and the heat is on them now and off of you. A win win situation.
    Made me laugh thanks

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

You're lucky you didn't get stopped. Gun parts and ammunition components were considered firearms by Chicago. Outside a locked case away from the drivers compartment you were technically transporting illegally through the city. Something as minor as a spent 9mm case on the floor could have done the trick. And you guys thought Chicago banned handguns alone?
    Really? I had the frame in a LOCKED box in the backmost part of the SUV and the slide in a suitcase If I remember correctly.
    it that is illegal, they truly are INSANE!

A firearm constitutes any component/parts and/or ammunition or its components. I don't think the average blue&white would bother with you. Might even tell you how to stow it legally. However not all of them are very common sense street savvy anymore.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**